Seh Daeng reported wounded

Sporty

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of 20:50 - seems he is not dead (yet) but seriously injured.

Sorry for the guy - but not sorry for what this hopefully means - a much more peaceful end to this mess.

We should keep just one thread open tonight about what is happening.

- at 20:00 - a large convoy of police vans (with flashing lights) were staging in the Sirikit Park (Tobacco Monopoly) - would say about 20 to 40 of these vans that I normally see on Wireless Road.

Yes, there is definitely still fighting going in this area. I work around there and was walking by when they took the shot. Story is they were following the AP reporter because they knew he would be meeting with the Sah Daeng. Incidentally here is the article in the NYT: New York Times.

The militairy were checking anyone with a camera or mobile phone in the area. My phone was checked. Saw them take several mobile phones and cameras from foreigners and Thais. Also saw them point a gun in the face of a Thai guy when he protested. This is getting really nasty.

My suggestion is to stay clear. I have done a great job of avoiding all of this stuff until, of all days, today. I don't understand the Farangs who enjoy hanging out in these areas.

Oh, and a discovery: they say five glasses of wine to one bottle of wine. Nonsense if its a decent poor. More like four glasses.

The video immediately after Seh Daeng was shot (and being loaded like a cord of wood onto a truck) was just shown on CNN.

Doesn't look like he will survive - and if he does - won't be leading anything soon.

A tragedy for sure - but at least one of the causes of all the trouble is having to pay for it - not an innocent passerby like a few weeks ago at Sala Daeng.

Archived