What IS The Latest News On Red Shirts

bust

OH, I didn't add the 'no longer' because this is something neither the missus, her company or me have an influence on.

So what if I care about Thailand's inequalities, corrupt and fucked up political system and so on...

will not make it any better, all I can do is rant...and pray (if I was a believer) that the reds decide to go attack the troops outside the city rather than right in the middle where people need to go work

Cheers mate, me I am impotent

:beer::dunno:

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH,

Lighten up dude.

The office was closed Thursday and Friday of last week and will probably be closed this coming week.

Drogon has a right to be pissed.

Wonder if the foreign media will cover Red Shirt looting and theft as their command system breaks down?

Children, elderly asked to leave rally site

2:07pm

The Centre for the Resolution of Emergency Situation (CRES) has authorized police to coordinate with the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security, the Red Cross and non-governmental orgnisation to send an authority team to rally site to urge children, women and elderly to leave Raqtchaprasong area, CRES spokesman said on Sunday.

"CRES will provide convenience for those who want to leave Ratchaprasong intersection rally site and will also send them back to their homes."

The CRES spokesman said the attempt to urge red-shirt protesters to leave their rally site will start from now to 3pm on Monday.

He also asked for cooperation from the media to help publicize the attempt to avoid casualties of the CRES and to witness the operation.

He also said police will submit key areas and main roads in Bangkok that need to be declared a curfew to the CRES at about 2pm today.

BP

Shinawatra family leaves Thailand

12:29pm

Khunying Pokemon, ex-wife of fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, and her son and daughter, Pangpongping and Pingpongpang Shinawatra, left for Singapore on May 14, reports said.

Reports said the other daughter, Pongpingpang, was in Europe. She also left Bangkok on Friday.

It was reported that the chairman of the opposition Puea Thai Party, Chavalit Yongchaiyudh had left for Kunming, China, on May 14.

Bye! :wave:

Skytrain, subway further halt operation

4:02pm

BTS had announced in its website that both Silom and Sukhumvit routes skytrains [color:red]will continue to stop providing services[/color] on Monday for safety of passengers. :doah:

BTS said it will make known to the pubic whether or not to resume operation on Tuesday.

The MRT had also announced that it will close subway service at all stations tomorrow for safety reason.

It will assess the situation to determine whether it can resume operation on Tuesday and will make known to the public.

The Post's English speakers have all gone on holiday. :p

A tweet so treat with some caution:

Over at Din Daeng, the #redshirts have fired a yaso rocket at a helicopter, apparently injuring one of their own TBC 5 minutes ago via web

Tell that to the stupid cow of an interviewer I just saw on Aljazeera. She just did not want to listen to the Thai govt rep when he was trying to expalin they are using live ammo as they are being attached by grenades from launchers.

Cavanami:

Who said meeting?

There are some important papers needing stamps from various governement people, papers to be signed, plans to be shown etc...

All this is impossible because, first the office is currently occupied by the army (they fear the reds could set fire to the building and maybe empty the bank -> I suspect the company's management fears the building could suffer big damages), in addition all the papers are there too...

So yes the personnel is relocated to another Q House but nothing guarantees other Q House won't be also shut down due to the ongoing chaos

In this IT era not everything can be solved by phone conferencing and anyway top brass don't always like video/phone conferences

No it is not that important, at least not enough for the company to risk having some of their staff killed or injured (and yes the company cares about its staff) and in the grand scheme of things these papers and the land deal aren't important.

It is just that some apolitic young Thai women have worked for a few months to set up a project just to see it being cancelled thanks to some insurgents, in addition, they can't go work tomorrow.

If the fighting is to continue then some of the low level staff might be fired (reception, security guards, drivers etc...) and I am sure the staff of the shops in the building are none too happy...

I am not Thai but yes I am pissed, almost as much as the hundreds of staff the company employs there.

End of rant

Archived