What IS The Latest News On Red Shirts

bust

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't give a shit about who is right or wrong, all I know is the missus and her 6 friends/colleagues can't go to their office Monday because there is a red shirts road block just in front of it, result is their project is cancelled because these women, if they are not at their office Monday won't be able to meet the land ministry's deadline for the land adjudication....

Even her team's driver, a red shirts fan, is now pissed (he risks being fired if this continues)

Happy Thailand

The army based in BKK got the Tavors first- after all the officers got one.

The RTA have had them for years now and they also have a machine gun made in Israel they chose over the FN one.

India bought some as well for their Gurkha regiments and ended up returning them a few years ago.

Haven't got to fire one yet but the ones I have looked at seem to have the best sites of any military rifle I have ever seen.

The soldiers haven't shot many people because, like me, they just want this thing to end without anyone else getting killed.

The Red strategy of buying falang journalists and trying to provoke more of a body count seems to be working.

About the Royal Thai armed forces, they count around 300 000 personnel.

The RTA should be around 180 000-190 000 following the 2005 downsizing about which 70-80 000 should be conscripts.

My numbers might be a bit inaccurate but seeing the organizational tables they shouldn't be too far from reality

3 armored infantry divisions, 3 mechanized infantry divisions 1 light infantry division 2 cavalry divisions 1 special forces division, 1 artillery division 1 air defense artillery division, 4 development divisions, add to these smaller units (battalions and regiments size) such as engineer and air cavalry.

No idea of the ratio CO/NCO though as I never looked for that

[color:red]also have a machine gun made in Israel they chose over the FN one[/color]

??

Because I saw the RTA equipped with FN Minimi and FN MAG (Belgian machine guns, light and heavy and they are the 'only ones widely sold by the FN)

-> do you mean the IMI Negev?

If so then they bought them in addition the FN products they already had or was there a new call for bids by the RTA for a light machine gun and the FN lost?

Julian2: I know this website but seems the latest reports are form around 2006-2008, the numbers are probably lower now

PS: about the Tavor: The Indian army requested some changes made and now is quite happy with them.

Never fired the Tavor but got to try the famas, SA80 and FNP90 so my bet is the Tavor is probably better, I love the bullpup design

The MAGs are probably twenty or thirty years old at least and mostly on vehicles but the US M-60 is much more common throughout all the services.

The RTA most definitely has light machine guns that say Israel on them.

But it doesn't matter and I can't possibly understand as I don't live in Thailand.

The FN Minimi and IMI Negev are very similar and the RTA has thousands of both.

(and yes the MAG are old but they do still work better than the M60 IMO)

Anyway, let's switch back to the original subject, my bad

:beer:

I don't give a shit about who is right or wrong, all I know is the missus and her 6 friends/colleagues can't go to their office Monday because there is a red shirts road block just in front of it, result is their project is cancelled because these women, if they are not at their office Monday won't be able to meet the land ministry's deadline for the land adjudication....

Even her team's driver, a red shirts fan, is now pissed (he risks being fired if this continues)

Happy Thailand

Right those nasty reds again, damned them...oh wait, why are they there? ever think of that? You better start to care about who is right and wrong, because it may well effect you in the future.

Archived