What IS The Latest News On Red Shirts

bust

Bon Kai area has been declared live-firing zone on Saturday evening, according to reports.

Troops and red-shirt protesters have clashed in the area since Friday.

Its amazing to me that this insignificant, and to many unknown, little corner of downtown BKK is now a battle zone, having lived there for 11 years without incident and only selling up and moving away just 2 months ago.

Currently have two families and a couple who the wife and I got friendly with whilst living there now staying with us, in typical Thai style the food is coming thick and fast and the booze is flowing, sort of reminds me of the stories my old man told me about how it was when the Germans bombed my Granddads Chippy in Trafford Park during WWII.

Stay safe Guys.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't understand twitter - obviously I'm too old.

Almost nothing on http://twitter.com/georgebkk is actually from him - it is like just a bunch of forwarded emails - I don't get it?

What is the point of forwarding other tweets?

If I have Twitter right, and I didn't until a 12 year old neighbor explained it to me, it works like this...you are in my "network of tweet friends/contacts" I "tweet you (sounds gay) and my message goes to you...your network then takes it and forewards it to everyone in your network and so on...so ultimately, the same "tweet" gets circulated around and around...in some cases, you will ultimately get a "retweet" of the "tweet" you made...

Sounds stupid and fucked up...but is sort of cool in the bigger scheme of things. The plane that went down in the Hudson is a perfect example...some guy videoed it on his cell phone, tweeted his "network" and their networks tweeted etc and so on, and the video was around the world in a few minutes.

Another example was the unfortunate shooting/murder of a young man by the BART police in Oakland California. The event was caught on cell phone, tweeted around, and was out there for all to see. The cops tried to round up all the cellphones and cameras they could, but too late, the images were out there. Basically, it allows rapid dissemination of information and events. Which is why it maybe feared in some sectors.

Archived