What IS The Latest News On Red Shirts

bust

I don't know that the UDD leadership ever "turned down" the Abhisit Roadmap as a whole, but I can't see how they could sign a blank check for a deal like "I will hold elections on 14th Nov. if I'm in a good mood. But anyway, you guys won't be part of it because you'll be rotting in jail - if not executed - as terrorist convicts."

They turned it down because Thaksin told them to and he fired the ones that were for taking it.

As for the rest of your post it is garbage and you cannot back up a single part it.

TH

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elections within three months, though they have stuffed up recently, ODDLY from word in rural areas I know, where I had heard people saying they thought the red demonstrations where going on too long, now have came back behind red, which is odd I think. I think few people really understand the rural areas, many pretend.

Was definitely sad for the economy.

I suppose if we all stop talking about it it will eventually cease to exist... which seems to be the aim of some of the members here.

Talk all about it. But just do not forget the Pattaya, Songkran 09 mess. Your side is not innocent here.

Speaking about economy, this red shirt fiasco will cost 10x what the airport thing cost and that's conservative.

I suspect that the rank and file believe that if they give up now they will never see another fair election in their lifetimes.

Abhisit and Suthep will procrastinate until the system is manipulated to virtually render the rural vote meaningless.

That is what they have been told' date=' over and over again. There is no basis in fact for that belief. If you have something, please say so.

I assume you think this because you are convinced that when an election is held, the PTP will win a resounding majority. Nothing could be further from the truth and the PTP will probably do much worse then in 2007 as several key factions have left and either started their own party or joined another. The Janurary 2009 by-election made very clear how weak the PTP was except in the core faction areas.

TH

[/quote']

If this was true then Abhisit/Suthep would call an election tomorrow. They're politicians, of course they would leap at the chance. "Giving in to terrorism" wouldn't get a mention on the agenda if they thought they would win.

Sounds like a red leader or a relative of Mr T

-> as illogical as the current red shirts leaders statements....

.If the PM doesn't respect his promise -> nothing stops the reds to protest again

.It is normal the leaders are at least put on trial and likely thrown in jail, of course they are terrorists or at least rioteers (and there are plenty of legal charges)

-> executed? This is a dream

In conclusion, not a word about the red supporters or their futures, just worries about the (cowardly safe) leaders and their future...

Not a single line about the reds themselves or the interest of the poors....only about the leaders.

Democracy, laws and orders are thrown away....

disgusting

I suppose if we all stop talking about it it will eventually cease to exist... which seems to be the aim of some of the members here.

Talk all about it. But just do not forget the Pattaya' date=' Songkran 09 mess. Your side is not innocent here.

Speaking about economy, this red shirt fiasco will cost 10x what the airport thing cost and that's conservative.

[/quote']

So it comes down to "the reds are worse because they have cost the country more"?

I suppose you're tired of talking about the coup as well?

Elections within three months, though they have stuffed up recently, ODDLY from word in rural areas I know, where I had heard people saying they thought the red demonstrations where going on too long, now have came back behind red, which is odd I think. I think few people really understand the rural areas, many pretend.

So people are dying over three months>? That's asinine, and nearly logistically impossible. Government gave the reds 13 months (Nov 2010 v Dec 2011), and they couldn't compromise for the three (Aug v Nov)? Sorry, that's bullshit. If they wanted elections, they would have taken that deal. This has nothing to do with democracy & elections. If it were about democracy, then we would have had at least one no confidence vote in thee parliament.

AFAIK, The airport incident was non-violent.

Was Pattaya non-violent?

What about Songkran in BKK, non-violent? Ah... trying to blow up gasoline tankers, courtesy of a Red donation, BTW, is non-violent?

The deaths at Songkran were non-violent, too, I assume???

The Yellow protests were very different as compare to the Reds. The Yellows were shot at but the Reds do the shooting.

If this was true then Abhisit/Suthep would call an election tomorrow. They're politicians, of course they would leap at the chance. "Giving in to terrorism" wouldn't get a mention on the agenda if they thought they would win.

Jeezus Farkin Christ

The reason why the democrats will not call an election tommorrow is due to the impact that it will have on the Thai ecconomy. Fiscal recovery plans are in place that will benifit ALL Thais, if they were to disolve the house today those fiscal polices would disapear and the "Rural Poor" would be the ones worse effected.

What Abhisit and the Democrats have said is "We hear your complaints, we have ongoing policies and reforms that will benifit the country, give us 6 months to stabalise such and then we will go to the polls.

Talk all about it. But just do not forget the Pattaya' date=' Songkran 09 mess. Your side is not innocent here.

[/quote']

So it comes down to "the reds are worse because they have cost the country more"?

I suppose you're tired of talking about the coup as well?

You brought it up, not me.

The coup was two elections ago.

I suppose we could talk about the fall of the Roman Empire too, but it also has little to do with what going on in 2010.

How about an answer to the question posed instead?

Archived