What IS The Latest News On Red Shirts

bust

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suspect that the rank and file believe that if they give up now they will never see another fair election in their lifetimes.

Abhisit and Suthep will procrastinate until the system is manipulated to virtually render the rural vote meaningless.

That is what they have been told' date=' over and over again. There is no basis in fact for that belief. If you have something, please say so.

I assume you think this because you are convinced that when an election is held, the PTP will win a resounding majority. Nothing could be further from the truth and the PTP will probably do much worse then in 2007 as several key factions have left and either started their own party or joined another. The Janurary 2009 by-election made very clear how weak the PTP was except in the core faction areas.

TH

[/quote']

If this was true then Abhisit/Suthep would call an election tomorrow. They're politicians, of course they would leap at the chance. "Giving in to terrorism" wouldn't get a mention on the agenda if they thought they would win.

Please explain the political reasons for holding an election 2 years before your term is up just because you think you may win?

I don't think common sense or political strategy may be your strong suit, perhaps you should back off now.

TH

Was definitely sad for the economy.

I suppose if we all stop talking about it it will eventually cease to exist... which seems to be the aim of some of the members here.

Talk all about it. But just do not forget the Pattaya' date=' Songkran 09 mess. Your side is not innocent here.

Speaking about economy, this red shirt fiasco will cost 10x what the airport thing cost and that's conservative.

[/quote']

So it comes down to "the reds are worse because they have cost the country more"?

I suppose you're tired of talking about the coup as well?

You brought it up, not me.

The coup was two elections ago.

I suppose we could talk about the fall of the Roman Empire too, but it also has little to do with what going on in 2010.

How about an answer to the question posed instead?

What question was that?

Of course the coup is everything to do with this. Do you really think the judiciary would have thrown out an incumbent Thaksin? :rotfl:

I'm going out to walk the dog, accept my future silence as a great yellow shirt victory if you must. :neener:

Chiang Mai local leaders call for peace

3:45pm

The Village Headmen and Kamnans Association in Chiang Mai province this afternoon called on the government to refrain from using force against protesters, the association’s chairman Somsak Phaisansajjatham said.

“The use of force to deal with red-shirt protesters has left many people dead and a large number of injuries. This has severely damaged the country’s economy and imageâ€Â, the association said in an issued statement.

[color:red]It called on all parties concerned to stop all violence and return to peace talks.[/color]

“The military must stop using live ammunition in all areas,†the statement said.

The government must also move ahead with the planned national reconciliation roadmap, the statement said.

Dee Thosluck, kamnan of tambon Mae Hia, affirmed that his association is impartial and none of its members have been involved in the continuing political conflict.

“We call on all parties to be patient and hold peace talks to come up with the solution to their conflict, to bring about peace and order back to the country,†he said.

Rink

<< What question was that?

Of course the coup is everything to do with this. Do you really think the judiciary would have thrown out an incumbent Thaksin? >>

Well, let's see. That judiciary had just thrown out an election which was called on very short notice and boycotted by most opposition parties. Takky was not an elected PM at the time of the coup. He was an interim PM waiting for another election ... whenever he got around to calling it.

Not to justify the coup, but simply put things in their proper perspective.

:beer:

Uh, Thaksin was the "caretaker" PM because he couldn't get a coalition. He would not leave nor call new elections. So he effectively staged a coup before the army did.

Regardless, you are a perfect red. You simply cannot or will not tell anyone what would make you happy. You just go back to platitudes and meaningless talking points. No measurable objectives.

I don't know that the UDD leadership ever "turned down" the Abhisit Roadmap as a whole' date=' but I can't see how they could sign a blank check for a deal like "I will hold elections on 14th Nov. if I'm in a good mood. But anyway, you guys won't be part of it because you'll be rotting in jail - if not executed - as terrorist convicts."[/quote']

They turned it down because Thaksin told them to and he fired the ones that were for taking it.

As for the rest of your post it is garbage and you cannot back up a single part it.

TH

I'm curious to see how YOU back up that alleged Thaksin instruction to reject the Roadmap.

What I remember is this:

Right timing to talk on PM's road map : Thaksin

By The Nation

Published on May 5, 2010

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra made a phone call to the meeting of Pheu Thai Party MPs yesterday, saying the timing was good for the red-shirt movement to accept the prime minister's offer of political reconciliation.

But Thaksin quickly added it would be up to the red-shirt movement itself as to whether it should accept the offer of Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.

Close aide, Noppadol Pattama, hooked Thaksin up to the Pheu Thai meeting at 1 pm. Reporters were also allowed to ask questions.

Abhisit announced his road map to peace and political reconciliation Monday night, saying he would hold a general election on November 14.

"It's up to the red shirts whether to accept the PM's offer. It has nothing to do with me," Thaksin said.

"Everything's far beyond me now. I'm just a little piece in the red-shirts' movement."

Thaksin also noted that someone might write a script for the prime minister to read, especially on the third factor of the road map.

The third factor states that the mass media, while remaining free, must have mechanisms that prevent igniting hatred and causing political conflict.

Thaksin said yesterday he is now in good health and he saw Coronation Day as a good time for reconciliation.

"I'm in good health. Tomorrow is an auspicious day so it will be good if we can have reconciliation," Thaksin said.

Archived