What IS The Latest News On Red Shirts

bust

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They want an election. What part of that don't you understand?

And I will reiterate my previous comment

THEY HAVE BEEN OFFERED AN ELECTION, what part of that do you disagree with, when a goverment is trying to stabalise the ecconomy of a narion some of its plans are long term, current administration stated that "For the Good of The Nation" that November elections would be the earliest.

If there was an election tomorrow who do you think would suffer most?

Mr T is not going to rife back in on white horse in Shining Armour and srart dishing out Million Baht interest free loans to villages again (which were either pissed up used as deposits on new motorcycs or to get a Mobile phone contract with SHIN Corp) or unsustainable promises about 30 THB Health Care which nearly bancrupted many private hospitals.

Have you ever reed the Democrats Policy for "Farmers Debt Relief" probably not, it does not support your red bandwagon.

When PAD stated that "Folks from the rural North are to uneducated to cast an impartial vote" (not to stupid to vote as some muscontrude it) they could have added "But fortunatley Farangs are not allowed to do so"

I just saw your... 10X more damage to the economy comment, I must start reading your stuff more carefully.

Do you have any current figures to justify that?

Please don't mention tourism, that's been trashed since the ..... uh oh, sorry.

Sure about that? http://www.thaiwebsites.com/tourism.asp

Besides, the GFC would obviously have zero impact on people's travels. It had to be the airport closure. I get it.

I just saw your... 10X more damage to the economy comment' date=' I must start reading your stuff more carefully.

Please don't mention tourism, that's been trashed since the ..... uh oh, sorry.[/quote']

Besides, the GFC would obviously have zero impact on people's travels. It had to be the airport closure. I get it.

Uh... right ok, no figures for this year. Not to worry.

I used the airport closure as a point of reference only, far be it from me to suggest that it may have made people change their travel plans. Seriously though, the Thai economy is based on exports, have you noticed the baht's still stable? You're all having trouble linking the baht to the current unrest.

I don't know that the UDD leadership ever "turned down" the Abhisit Roadmap as a whole' date=' but I can't see how they could sign a blank check for a deal like "I will hold elections on 14th Nov. if I'm in a good mood. But anyway, you guys won't be part of it because you'll be rotting in jail - if not executed - as terrorist convicts."[/quote']

They turned it down because Thaksin told them to and he fired the ones that were for taking it.

As for the rest of your post it is garbage and you cannot back up a single part it.

TH

I'm curious to see how YOU back up that alleged Thaksin instruction to reject the Roadmap.

What I remember is this:

Right timing to talk on PM's road map : Thaksin

By The Nation

Published on May 5, 2010

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra made a phone call to the meeting of Pheu Thai Party MPs yesterday, saying the timing was good for the red-shirt movement to accept the prime minister's offer of political reconciliation.

But Thaksin quickly added it would be up to the red-shirt movement itself as to whether it should accept the offer of Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.

Close aide, Noppadol Pattama, hooked Thaksin up to the Pheu Thai meeting at 1 pm. Reporters were also allowed to ask questions.

Abhisit announced his road map to peace and political reconciliation Monday night, saying he would hold a general election on November 14.

"It's up to the red shirts whether to accept the PM's offer. It has nothing to do with me," Thaksin said.

"Everything's far beyond me now. I'm just a little piece in the red-shirts' movement."

Thaksin also noted that someone might write a script for the prime minister to read, especially on the third factor of the road map.

The third factor states that the mass media, while remaining free, must have mechanisms that prevent igniting hatred and causing political conflict.

Thaksin said yesterday he is now in good health and he saw Coronation Day as a good time for reconciliation.

"I'm in good health. Tomorrow is an auspicious day so it will be good if we can have reconciliation," Thaksin said.

How can you fall for Thaksin's cheap double crossing. The current escalation has been instigated by Thaksin and the lasted developments play perfectly into his hands.

Seh Daeng himself said in various interviews he only takes orders from Thaksin and Thaksin ordered him to fight on....

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/05/10/politics/No-new-team-of-red-shirts-leaders-Nuttawut-30128956.html

I just saw your... 10X more damage to the economy comment' date=' I must start reading your stuff more carefully.

Please don't mention tourism, that's been trashed since the ..... uh oh, sorry.[/quote']

Uh... right ok, no figures for this year. Not to worry.

I used the airport closure as a point of reference only, far be it from me to suggest that it may have made people change their travel plans. Seriously though, the Thai economy is based on exports, have you noticed the baht's still stable? You're all having trouble linking the baht to the current unrest.

Not to J2 in particular, but to all.

Tourism accounts for 6.7 % of GDP in Thailand.

Count for yourself how much impact a drop of only 1 % GDP will mean to the local economy.

Serious numbers.

BB

Archived