Nick Nostitz...live action report.

chuckwoww

That was the best article I have seen by far on New Mandela, usually a partisan Red site. It is very balanced and calls it as it is.

Oh, but wait. Per OH, I don't know anything because I live and work and own two businesses in Thailand and have been to the red camp and seen for myself...so ignore me. :banghead:

Well if I have it right, unless you live right where the shit is, you should have no opinion on this matter or any matters that fall outside the 2 block radius or some such shit...it doesn't matter what you own or know etc...you have to be at ground zero, or so some wanker told me...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to clarify - we are talking about this link:

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2010/05/16/a-sunday-morning-look-at-bangkok/

and another one from BKK Post (as mentioned by Drogon):

http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/37395/put-an-end-to-this-rebellion

First - stop all this bull/sh%t here/not here divide - go somewhere else for that.

Second - besides newspaper editors - I don't see any Thai's of any standing coming out and trying to defuse the situation. Anyone? Industry leaders, academics, business tycoons, revered monks, anyone? Maybe they are - but just not getting any tv time yet. Situation isn't too serious it seems since no Thai soap operas have been taken off the air yet.

Third - Sunday afternoon and instead of enjoying the weekend and celebrating the young ones first day in University uniform (seminar today) - instead we are bunkered in our house.

But funnier than watching the news just now with a lady reporter - with a motorcycle helmet - reporting about red shirts leaving Rajaprasong on their own - looks like a new developing story.

Cheers!

Yeah it's a potentially ambiguous post by OH -- I think he's patting Nick on the back for being there and reporting about something he knows, and saying that this is someone whose view he can respect, as opposed to others who have strong opinions not backed (acc to OH) by real experience or knowledge.

What I'd say to that... well I think Nick's as prone to drawing wrong conclusions as almost anyone, though it has to be said that even if he did, he'd be doing it while in direct contact with the real situation rather than from his armchair.

Seems to be a big effort on part of some here to oversimplify the situation. The reason it's such a mess is because it's not that simple.

Whether you like the guy or not, name one other guy from this board who is on the front line putting his balls out... well?

Wrong conclusions? who says? This guy is there and sees it first hand while the rest of us are in the rear with the gear arguing about who has the bigger Thailand dick.

"Red Shirts leaders hide themselves behind human shields of women and children, consistently asking them not to leave, in some cases forcing them to stay. The majority of protesters in Rajprasong site don’t know that they are being used as pawns."

Seems that this original section is the only peaceful area left now. Not sure how many - but from a few news stories it looks like some organization is starting to help the mostly elderly and kids to leave the main site - and from the scene on Thai PBS - the site is mostly deserted at 16:00. They concentrated at the site of the Wat next to Siam Paragon.

They showed what was said to be a live shot of the red shirt bunker that was in the news a few days ago - and it was deserted.

"..."Red Shirts leaders hide themselves behind human shields of women and children,..."

Impossible, I said this weeks ago, and got slagged for it...some expat expert said it was stupid to think it could happen...you mean I'm right? no? can't be, I don't live there, so how could I possible know?

Archived