Shot in foot

Coss

Just saw some footage on TGN satellite where the army spokesman is explaining various things military.

A chap (no colour shirt) walks up to and attempts to ignite the fuel tank of a truck, as he does so a sniper shoots him in the foot, he then runs/hobbles away.

The explanation (english subs) then goes on to say that the snipers with spotters are shooting to wound below the knee rather than trying to kill people.

Propagandising for sure but eminently reasonable from where I sit.

Coss

More from the satellite, the spokesman says that unfounded rumours that the CRES is split or that the Prime Minister or his Deputy have been injured are untrue.

Photo of 4 dead people is only one dead as the next photo shows the other 3 have gone away.

Video of Red Shirt firing a M79. (I saw a grey shirt and red hat).

And a sniper and spotter/controller with audio saying "Man carrying bomb sighted" the shot is taken, then "man is down", "I see it".

Last one is soldier firing a launcher which proves to be tear gas not M79. And showing a grenade won't fit into it.

They are taking great pains to assess and explain any media available that could show them in an unrestrained light.

<< Last one is soldier firing a launcher which proves to be tear gas not M79. And showing a grenade won't fit into it. >>

An M79 fires HE, CS ("tear gas"), WP, canister and coloured smoke. All are 40mm rounds made for that weapon.

I've never used an M203 grenade launcher (which attaches to an M16), but my understanding is that not all M79 rounds will fit the weapon.

Just saw some footage on TGN satellite where the army spokesman is explaining various things military.

A chap (no colour shirt) walks up to and attempts to ignite the fuel tank of a truck, as he does so a sniper shoots him in the foot, he then runs/hobbles away.

The explanation (english subs) then goes on to say that the snipers with spotters are shooting to wound below the knee rather than trying to kill people.

Propagandising for sure but eminently reasonable from where I sit.

Coss

I am surprised it has not appeared on Youtube yet, with a musical score such as "hey, is that the cat who chewed your new shoes" (aka The Chattanooga Choo Choo), with the poor chap limping along, dragging his shot up bullet holed shoe.

D20rp4j3E-s

"...I've never used an M203 grenade launcher (which attaches to an M16), but my understanding is that not all M79 rounds will fit the weapon..."

I have used them, and yes, as far as I know, they do fire all the same rounds as an M79. For some reason I think the range is less...not sure.

Archived