On Behalf Of the Rural Farang.

Julian2

This is what I was more less saying earlier, that there was more to all this, and we needed to look at why. Had the coupe not occurred, than this would not have occurred...one does not excuse the other, but someone needs to look at that if they ever want to keep it from happening again.

If Thaksin wouldn't have be so corrupt, destroyed all check & balances of the 1997 charter and ruled like a despot, the coup would never happen.

Sorry but it just too convenient to always refer to the coup. The coup was absolutely peaceful, no injuries or people even dieing, and the coup leaders sad from day one they will return the mower to the people as soon as possible.

They rescued Thailand from a despot who still tries to destroy the country. The German charter, one of the most democratic world wide, even legalize such kind of coup.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And why was it boycotted? Because the other parties knew they would lose. They wanted to get rid of Thaksin, no matter what the consequences for Thailand. Around this time people began to talk about Isan people basically being to stupid to vote. Not a good argument if you want a democracy

Thaksin dissolved parliament end of February 2006 without any real need. He had comfortable majority, the government able to govern and there was not threat of any emergency. The only reason Thaksin was under pressure has been his private wrong doings.

Thaksin dissolved parliament for private reasons, to let the electorate whitewash him from all his wrong doings. That's why all parties, even Chat Thai with Baharn, boycotted the election. And they have been absolutely right to do so.

Not sure to which of my post your answer refers to.

If to my first post coz you talk about the coup, I don't think that putting his family members into key positions like the police and military has been the main reason for staging the coup.

If you refer to my second post coz u mention whitewashing, I don't see the any link between dissolving the parliament without urgent but for for pure private reason has anything to the coup.

Anyway I and many of my friend and fellow expats have been relieved when the military acted and got this tyrant out. Their only mistake has been and that I already wrote the day after the coup has been that they did finish off Thaksin and his family as well as closest cronies.

"...Their only mistake has been and that I already wrote the day after the coup has been that they did finish off Thaksin and his family as well as closest cronies..."

Are you saying you wish they had "finished" Thaksin and his cronies as in you wish they had killed them all? What exactly are you trying to say?

As for corruption in Thailand, the Thais are used to it, and in many cases rely on it. I don't think he was any more or less corrupt than anyone else.

Kill him, let him have an accident or whatever. Or do you want more red shirt uprisings in Bangkok sponsored by him?

He is the main reason for the whole mess Thailand is and he will never be quiet and continue to create problems as long he is alive.

The cop leaders thought Thaksin, if they don't touch him, will just keep quiet and live a comfortable life abroad like the other PM that have been ousted did. TIT

Unfortunately they have been very wrong in this point.

"...Their only mistake has been and that I already wrote the day after the coup has been that they did finish off Thaksin and his family as well as closest cronies..."

Are you saying you wish they had "finished" Thaksin and his cronies as in you wish they had killed them all? What exactly are you trying to say?

As for corruption in Thailand, the Thais are used to it, and in many cases rely on it. I don't think he was any more or less corrupt than anyone else.

There you go again, having opinions about a place that you have not lived for years and years and years. Just STFU you ignorant slut!

BTW, how about that Meg Whitman. Oh wait, you don't live in Atherton. Never mind ...

No, I don't live in Atherton...but I do live in California...and I hate Meg Whitman...being that I live in Richmond, the hood, and come from poor stock, I will wear a red shirt and work against her...you being on the peninsula, and part of the "Elite" can wear yellow! now who to get to fund our uprising, so some nut job can wish him dead...

Kill him, let him have an accident or whatever. Or do you want more red shirt uprisings in Bangkok sponsored by him?

He is the main reason for the whole mess Thailand is and he will never be quiet and continue to create problems as long he is alive.

The cop leaders thought Thaksin, if they don't touch him, will just keep quiet and live a comfortable life abroad like the other PM that have been ousted did. TIT

Unfortunately they have been very wrong in this point.

Ok, so people who disagree with you politically or who cause you an inconvenience should all die? Do you have the balls to pull the trigger yourself? Because frankly, I doubt you do. I think you, like some others are just full of hot air and are posturing/posing.

BTW, and I mean no offense here, but where are you from? I am guessing English is not your first language? I went to public school in San Francisco, that is my excuse...

Archived