On Behalf Of the Rural Farang.

Julian2

Look who's naive. Somchai living on B5k/mo is gonna travel to Oz? Really. Oooooooh-K.

So the elites are evil, unless they're your mates, then they're OK? Or not elite at all, despite what the red rhetoric says.

Keep your blinders on then. Don't understand the vile messages that the red leaders were spewing about fellow Thais, that anyone with a good job and an education was to blame for this because they voted for Abhisit. And for that they should suffer.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who the fuck is Somchai......oh right someone you just plucked out of thin air to prove your point.

No when to quit reptile man.....Abhisit was elected in a victory for the middle-class elite.

Lawmakers voted 235 to 198 whose party wooed some members of the former ruling coalition to back him after protesters vowed to return to the streets unless he was chosen.

...Abhisit was elected in a victory for the middle-class elite.

Lawmakers voted 235 to 198 whose party wooed some members of the former ruling coalition to back him after protesters vowed to return to the streets unless he was chosen.

What's your point? Nothing illegal about coliation governments. Thaksin (once), Samak & Somchai also came to power in this way. As others have said, you choose to ignore basic facts, then get in a tizzy and one cannot talk to you.

But you love the romance of the myth of "the poor salt-of-the-earth guy against the big bad urban elite trying to keep him down" don't you? Except that those "urban elite" were the poor of a generation or two ago who worked their way out of it and have no reason to keep anyone down.

And Abhisit's victory was a victory for all of Thailand. Imagine the hurt the poor would be in if Thailand had economic issues like the EU or the US? The current government has successfully avoided that so far, in spite of the boat anchor that the red movement is trying to be economically.

To no one in particular.

It is a that the recent events in BKK also managed to polarise BM's against each other.....

BB

Yep, and its a pattern we've seen plenty of times before - once we take a stance, it becomes bloody hard to back down when someone challenges that stance. I dont know which board member LK was in previous incarnations, but some of this seems very familiar.

To no one in particular.

It is a that the recent events in BKK also managed to polarise BM's against each other.....

BB

Yep' date=' and its a pattern we've seen plenty of times before - once we take a stance, it becomes bloody hard to back down when someone challenges that stance. I dont know which board member LK was in previous incarnations, but some of this seems very familiar. [/quote']

Never mind who is who...in the end, we will argue, fight, bicker and make fools of ourselves doing so...and later we will meet up, eat drink and whore hunt together...in short it doesn't really matter...

LK, 100% class act, with a lot to offer all of us, even if he is 100% wrong on this issue... :stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo

Agree except for the last five words.

If you (generic you, not you OH) disagree with me because you dislike me, take the battle up with the board elder statesman Flashermak then. I agree with his position, amongst others. And he knows a helluva lot more about Thailand than any of us; I'm sure he's forgotten more than I'll ever know. And everyone likes him, so personality will not come into play.

Its not about personality, its about point and counterpoint - we all play the game, but I've seen it often enough to know when 5 pages of posts from two combatants havent changed either's perspective one iota.Sooner or later we need to agree to disagree and let the other guy have the last post. I could be wrong, but I doubt that a single Thai comes to this board looking for a crystal ball on the future of the country.

Not counting the "People's Party" coup in 1932 that got parliamentary "democracy" going in Thailand, Thaksin govmt #2 has been the only time there was not a coalition government running the country. And if an election were held today, I'd give high odds there would be another coalition government - one way or the other.

Archived