On Behalf Of the Rural Farang.

Julian2

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>and NZ with the Maoris.....

Historically the Maoris were badly treated.

Currently there is a view that excess positive discrimination for many minority groups, in NZ, has resulted in "inverse inequity", i.e. the majority is now the discriminated group.

But this is about Somchai Mechanic Land, and my view is that democratic and modern government, is the only way to improve the lot of the Somchai Mechanic.

To accomplish this a large cadre of powerful Chinese bastards will have to go.

I don't see this happening.

Some sort of revolution is necessary, but in my view, not happening. Education is still lacking where it counts. But Takky's greed has sown the seeds and turmoil will continue for generations, possibly.

But I guess no one will agree, and I don't concern myself too much, just an outsider's opinion.

And as I've said, any good change that can come of this will result in less poor bar girls and thus is diametrically opposed to my mongering interests.

Coss

:neener::neener::neener:

He promised them debt relief' date=' cheap loans, better health care, which he delivered but that was not how the urban elite wanted their tax money spent.

Interestingly I was recently shown a Thaksin road project and a Abhisit road project in the same area. Huge difference. I guess for me it was a way of seeing why the rural are so pro Thakky[/quote']

And whilst we are onto the issue about tax, all you F**cking armchair critics gobbing off from afar who have also never contributed one single satang via taxation to the Thai ecconomy SHUT THE F**K UP Put your money where your mouth is or slide back under the slimey rock you come from.

Did you actually read the first part of my post?

I was quoting a Thai National who is currently here in Sydney. They are from Chonburi and all ther family still reside in Bangkok. This was their view not some armchair critic. And I am sure they have paid enough tax to earn the right to have an opinion.

I am hoping you PUI.

He promised them debt relief' date=' cheap loans, better health care, which he delivered but that was not how the urban elite wanted their tax money spent.

Interestingly I was recently shown a Thaksin road project and a Abhisit road project in the same area. Huge difference. I guess for me it was a way of seeing why the rural are so pro Thakky[/quote']

And whilst we are onto the issue about tax, all you F**cking armchair critics gobbing off from afar who have also never contributed one single satang via taxation to the Thai ecconomy SHUT THE F**K UP Put your money where your mouth is or slide back under the slimey rock you come from.

I was quoting a Thai National who is currently here in Sydney. They are from Chonburi and all ther family still reside in Bangkok. This was their view not some armchair critic. And I am sure they have paid enough tax to earn the right to have an opinion.

I am hoping you PUI.

What does PUI mean?

I think sometimes we should have an abbreviations reference post, unless there is already one. Except of course 'GTG' which seems to always spark a series of lively debates, as to, its exact definition :dunce:

...Let me tell you why. The 2007 constitution makes sure that a majority of the senate are not chosen by the voters, they are appointed. Without the approval of the senate, no law can be passed. That makes it that the people who appoint the senators actually control the law making process in Thailand, and not the representatives of the voters. As long as this constitution is in effect, Thailand is no democracy. ...

An amazing tirade. :appreciation of nuance:, “â€Âcartoonish caricature of evil is automatically labeled "biased" - even worse, guilty of "western biasâ€Â, etc, etc.

You seem to really like the Telegraph article from April, perhaps you could explain a few nuances they failed to appreciate.

“Nevertheless, with Thaksin in exile, voters returned his supporters to power in elections at the end of 2007.â€Â

This is just not true. Thaksin’s party did not get a majority of seats and formed a coalition with several smaller parties that are not supporters of Thaksin. Don’t you think that might be important?

“Mr Thaksin's one great virtue as a democrat is that he and his supporters have won each of three elections so far this decadeâ€Â

Actually he “won†only one election in 2005. In 2001 he did not get a majority and formed a coalition. In 2006 the TRT failed to win enough seats to control the house as they could not get the 20% of the registered votes where they were running unopposed.

“At the end of last year a court dissolved the elected government and the army brass summoned political bosses to hoist a new prime minister, Abhisit Vejjajiva, to powerâ€Â

The court did not dissolve the elected government. It disbanded a political party as required by the constitution as one of the party executives was convicted of electoral fraud. The evidence of this was both video and witness and is not disputed even by the PPP itself.

The military did not “hoist†and new prime minister. At worst the military acted as a broker between coalition partners and disenchanted ex-members of the PPP in order to setup a new coalition with the Democrats leading. In fact, the PPP could have done a number of things in order to make sure the successor party PTP maintained control.

Do you see how fully explaining a few details makes a big difference in how the storey comes across? There is no “hypocrisy and intellectual dishonestyâ€Â, just the desire to see the entire storey told.

TH

Unfortunately you are wrong.

There are actually 76 senators elected, one from each Province and Bangkok. 74 are appointed by a panel made up of Senators Selection Committee, consisting of the President of the Constitutional Court, the Chairman of the Election Commission, the Chairman of the State Audit Commission, a judge in the Supreme Court of Justice holding office not lower in rank than Judge of the Supreme Court of Justice as entrusted by the general assembly

I am hoping you PUI.

So fair enough. Your Thai friend is telling you that he did not want HIS tax money spent that way then, implying he is speaking for everyone in his social class? Because if he is in Sydney, even on holiday, he is certainly part of the urban elite, at least by red standards. I'd love to hear your conversations with him.

Back to the roads. The problem is with the local patriarchal leadership, the "poo yais." They got paid by Thaksin, so made shit happen. They don't get paid by the Dems, so steal the money that is supposed to be used to do the works in the area. Simple, and well established. And obviously, has nothing to do with democracy, and everything to do with croneyism.

Archived