Average household debt over B134,000

Flashermac

Hi,

As for the overall discussion here, while I have no doubt there are people like your wife who have a large disposable income I am also certain that a MUCH larger amount of people would love to earn 16K / month, let alone spend it in a week.

People are likely looking at their own environment and basing conclusion on that. As you can see in the differences between your and tartempion's experience, the income range is Thailand is very large.

Sanuk!

KS

I am not disputing the fact, I am trying to make people aware that there is more to Thailand than the "Bangkok Elite" and the "Poor Isaan Rice Farmers" 65-70% of Thais fall between the two extremes.

I made a statement in a previous post that In My Humble Opinion that there are in excess of 2 Million households with an income greater than 60,000 per month, and I stand by that statement.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"Boo Hoo, you didn't make much of a success of your life then did you, having spent so many years working in such exotic locations onan expat package you decide to retire in a piss poor village where you can pretend to be lord of the manor."

Mekong, that was uncalled for.

For all we know tartempion could very well be able to afford a posh condo in downtown BKK, but *chooses* to live upcountry. Not everyone has the same idea on what constitutes living a good life.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"I made a statement in a previous post that In My Humble Opinion that there are in excess of 2 Million households with an income greater than 60,000 per month, and I stand by that statement."

I think that might be a bit on the high side.

It's triple the national average, so you'd be pretty far to the right on the bell curve I'd imagine when making 60K

Cut your number in half and I think you might be closer.

Of course, doesn't really change your point, does it? :)

Sanuk!

KS

You miss the point that Flash made, "HOUSEHOLD INCOMES" if the average salary is 20K (1/3rd of my 60K figure) then is it not percievable that 2 Million Households outside of BKK have an income equal to or above 60K.

Rather than cut number in half maybe you should consoder couples, live in Mynamar maids are only 4,000 / month no reason to pacj in a 30,000 / month career to look after children ;)

Hi,

"Boo Hoo, you didn't make much of a success of your life then did you, having spent so many years working in such exotic locations onan expat package you decide to retire in a piss poor village where you can pretend to be lord of the manor."

Mekong, that was uncalled for.

Maybe it was, I wont bore you with board history tartempion has been having digs at me on and off over the years, I can take it and I will respond, I did not (IMHO) get personal just merely comment based on observations from this and other posts he has made in the past. If such details had not have been made public I would not have been able to analyse them.

Hi,

"tartempion has been having digs at me on and off over the years"

Right, but in fairness it has been mutual. Both of you seem to have a hard time accepting the others point of view.

Sanuk!

KS

Please read my posts last line of This Post was

[color:blue]At the end of the day as long as you and your loved ones are happy that is all that matters and as much as we disagree I wish you much happiness/[/color]

was that impolite?

Hi' date='

"tartempion has been having digs at me on and off over the years"

Right, but in fairness it has been mutual. Both of you seem to have a hard time accepting the others point of view.

Sanuk!

[/quote']

KS

Please read my posts last line of This Post was

[color:blue]At the end of the day as long as you and your loved ones are happy that is all that matters and as much as we disagree I wish you much happiness/[/color]

was that impolite?

So as long you insult people in a reply and you end your rant by a polite comment you absolute yourself?

If the average household has 16.205THB to spend I would like to see a graph spreading the total Thai household (20-25-30 million?) in 0 to 5k, 5-10, 10-15, 15-20 etc but we don't have these figures isn't? Would we have more or less than 50% of households in the 0 to 15K segment?

Then were would 65K and up fit? In the last 20%?

Thus I was trying to make you realize that 65K spending power is no way near your average Thai spender.

After what you knit your usual replies using high school logic 101 unworthy of higher educated people followed by your rhetoric on my life style of which you know nothing.

Paris is not France you see, although Paris is located in France, but that is already too far fetched for you to understand.

Monday I am off to France by the way, then up to Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Switzerland and ending relaxing in the Provence. No doubt KS can track my IP number in the coming weeks if you have any doubts about my whereabouts.

Suffice to say I will be spending 15K euros this month, if that is an indication to you of my life style. (and how many Thai average monthly spendings does this represent?)

My father was a uni professor in a medium town (100K souls) and he thought he and his colleagues were hi-society, which might possibly be correct at that level (but it still makes me smile), but not hi-so considering a country of 50 million people (1950)

So I see you are an "omhooggevallen werkman" (KS please translate, automatic translation give rubbish, is this correct Dutch anyway?) whilst I am the opposite, having grown up in an hi-so world and having decided to loathe that world and prefer living in a poor village as opposed to where you live (area of 6-7 million baht houses)

Give me the poor any time versus the arrogance of your kind.

But you should realize I am not without means, having refused to live where friends/colleagues live in their paradises: Marco Island, Hilton Head, Sanibel.

Oh, and please don't insult the French, we had bright minds such as Descartes, Blaise Pascal, Alphonse Daudet, Robespierre and JJ Rousseau. We invented the revolution after all. And ah, we erected barricades in Paris and did it again in May 68 (I was there, not sure my father agreed)

But then dictator Charles de Gaulle ran his tanks over us....

The poor reds who tried the same trick in Bangkok last month got it wrong, brainwashed as they were :mad:

So, I' be polite also: I wish you much happiness in your life and moo ban, cheers

Off to France real soon now :dunce:

Archived