Continuous Quiz - Resurrect your brain cells!

robaus

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Two people had hits with A Deck of Cards in the UK. Name them. Wink Martindale Max Bygraves (crikey - he's still alive and living in Queensland apparently)

2. Who chaired the UK quiz show, Ask the Family? Robert Robinson

3. Which of the Brontë sisters wrote the book, Agnes Gray? Anne

4. What does the word suffrage mean? right to vote

5. What was Dudley Moore and Peter Cook’s only UK hit single? "The Ballad Of Spotty Muldoon"

Connecction... no idea so far... something to do with NZ politics??

...I try to write my own questions to make them less googlible, and slightly more of a challenge.

Not a problem, however, I'm realizing as the years pass that sadly I need Google to support my declining memory! Ah, now what was her name...???

So, any responses I may provide will be Google tainted....

1. Two people had hits with A Deck of Cards in the UK. Name them. Wink Martindale Max Bygraves (crikey - he's still alive and living in Queensland apparently)

2. Who chaired the UK quiz show, Ask the Family? Robert Robinson

3. Which of the Brontë sisters wrote the book, Agnes Gray? Anne

4. What does the word suffrage mean? right to vote

5. What was Dudley Moore and Peter Cook’s only UK hit single? "Goodbye-ee"

Connection "Weakest Link" game show run by Anne Robinson, but I can't fit question 1 in unless it's a play on Wink at its max??

dancer Nongnuj Timruang

... no idea about the other questions for now.

What was the full answer to you previous question above?

Always curious to learn.

That was her real name, according to the film credits. But everyone knew her as Noi. Back then you couldn't get a legitimate Thai actress to play a bar girl, so someone suggested they try a real one. Noi tested and got the part. She was perfect ... except they had to make her a bit less attractive. She was a delightful little creature. I remember her when she was dancing at the Safari bar a few years after the film. She looked cute lounging around with a blouse over her dance outfit, but when she got up to dance and stripped to her bikini bottom every eye was riveted on her. She was gorgeous and knew how to move. She never did any more acting and the last I heard of her was years ago, when she was married to a Yank and running a bar with him in Pattaya. That was in the late 1980s. She must be in her 50s now. :(

The "Saigon bar" was the Mississippi Queen on the south side of Patpong. That end of Patpong was closed during the shooting.

Archived