Continuous Quiz - Resurrect your brain cells!

robaus

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drogon's place - forgot the name now.

Saw recently a place on Soi 20 advertising "Bangkok's Biggest Burger - eat it within 3 hours and it is free" - or something like that.

Anyone know the name of the place or have tried it?

Wearth - would eat all of them. Wouldn't they run out before he was finished?

Cheers!

Stone was a LRRP in RVN - Long Range Recon Patrol. They are usually barmy and sometime even homicidal. Ordinary grunts stayed away from them, since LRRPs were known to be unpredictable. I have a friend who was a LRRP and I've seen pics of the sawn-off shotgun he carried with him. I asked what it was for. He replied, "To finish off the wounded NVA who'd survived the ambush." Oh. :shocked:

1. Two people had hits with A Deck of Cards in the UK. Name them. Wink Martindale Max Bygraves (crikey - he's still alive and living in Queensland apparently)

2. Who chaired the UK quiz show, Ask the Family? Robert Robinson

3. Which of the Brontë sisters wrote the book, Agnes Gray? Anne

4. What does the word suffrage mean? right to vote

5. What was Dudley Moore and Peter Cook’s only UK hit single? "Goodbye-ee"

Connection "Weakest Link" game show run by Anne Robinson, but I can't fit question 1 in unless it's a play on Wink at its max??

Correct - The Weakest Link. Anne Robinson always used to wink at the end of the show as if to say "I'm not really nasty, it's just me playing a part".

Ah now I remember ... the wink. Thx eyebee.

You must know the Oliver Stone one too.

FM,

Didn't realise he'd been in the Vietnam War. But of course that would account for the realism of Platoon and Born on the Fourth of July.

Just researching him now on wiki... v interesting.

Maybe Vietnam is where he met his Pattaya dining mate.

Saw recently a place on Soi 20 advertising "Bangkok's Biggest Burger - eat it within 3 hours and it is free" - or something like that.

Cheers!

Cafe Europe, run by a Danish friend of mine (and Sanddawg's). Good folks, nice place. Live music some nights too. On soi 20, past the sub-soi to 18, just past the exotic car showroom, across from the 7.

Cheers!

I asked the question because I couldn't remember the name of the place! Maybe somebody remembers it?

Not quite right on Wearth, there is a specific number.

Archived