Continuous Quiz - Resurrect your brain cells!

robaus

To quote one infamous Patpong roue.. hehe

"Carol is famous for tossing up the balloons for the pussy darts to hit on a mid 1980s visit to the Queen's Castle in Patpong."

In response.

Local Question

Where does JFK's creator dine Latino in Pattaya?

:beer:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. The Sun, Star etc reported it was at the King's Castle, but it was the Queen's Castle - which was upstairs and more "discrete".

A local photographer got 7500 baht for an exterior shot of the King's Castle, good money 25 years ago for a photo of the wrong bar. :)

Miss Carol was tracked down in Pattaya a few days later. When asked if the stories were true, she wisely replied - "No comment".

This was not long before her idiot brother got himself lost in the Sahara Desert during a cross country car race. :p

p.s. JFK had a creator? Joe Kennedy??? Rose Kennedy???

General Knowledge Question

1 In the British sitcom who is hiding The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies in his cafe.

2 In which ancient book did the grain refining operative, the saw bones, the religious adviser, and the soldier of fortune have their two bobs worth while on a stroll in Kent.

3 In which semi autobiographical novel by Mary Ann Evans does the love torn Maggie Tulliver struggle with her conscience?

4 Which ancient Greek (470–399 BC) said,"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

5 A slang form of greeting, especially amongst World War One Aussie soldiers

6 Which English cricketer has scored more first-class runs and more first-class centuries than any other cricketer in the history of the game?

7 Who was Archbishop of Westminster from 1976 until his death in 1999

8 With which shipping magnate did opera diva Maria Callas have a stormy 10 year love affair?

9 What's the connection?

Joe Kennedy was a randy old bugger by all accounts but I don't think he ever made it to Pattaya.

Look for a more recent creator.

Fascinating stuff re Deer Hunter locations. Thanks, FM.

Yes I wonder where Miss Noi is now. There's a book waiting to be written about about the history of Pattaya.

Nope, around 1985 or '86. I remember it well. I was actually out on Patpong the night it was supposed to have happened, though I hadn't gone to that bar. She was just another Farang woman to most folks ... except that several Brits recognised her and reported it.

In the Nanaplaza board's early days there was a poster who was a retired US Military Police senior NCO. He had a great site on Thailand with lots of pics of old Pattaya. He was stationed in LOS about 3 times - mid to late 1960s. He knows more about Pattaya than anyone. It's a shame he no longer posts.

Archived