Continuous Quiz - Resurrect your brain cells!

robaus

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Rookie, we knew each other back then.

Wobblers was the restaurant? with the little dwarf (are there any other kind?) out front

Nanaplaza spun off and met at the hamburger place in Nana, forget the name, good burgers.

I bet Waerth enters here!

Well done Rookie, we knew each other back then.

Wobblers was the restaurant? with the little dwarf (are there any other kind?) out front

Nanaplaza spun off and met at the hamburger place in Nana, forget the name, good burgers.

Knew each other? What was your nick, before you found religion?? ;-)

Close...it was Warbler's [i had to look it up!]. And, I don't recall K.Sanuk and the Nanaplaza folks attending the Warbler functions. It was mainly ASFO degenerates; NPlaza always met at Woodstock, then later moved to Gullivers on Suk/Soi-5.

Robaus: 2002? It was 2000-2002. Seems like folks later began moving away; I was a tourist back then, later relocated/moved to the land of degenerates, Pattaya. Though my nick says I initially logged onto Nanaplaza/Thai360 in 2002, I actually started using the board in 1998, but a crash required a re-log on, hence the later date.

The word "Gig" or "Gik" was first used in a national soap TV show, and quickly taken up by the general population. Before then I have no idea if it existed but it wasn't part of the national lexicon.

So for such a common word - amongst Thais and Farangs, it's a pretty recent development.

No idea the TV show except a lady I worked with watched it and taught me the meaning.

Thanks for that tidbit, NG. It 's fascinating how language develops. I must have missed that soap.. thank Buddha! he he

I often get as smile from the girls when I mention "Primak Ja" from that old soap about the ghostly husband who protected his gal. My ex used to drive me bananas watching it.

Bring on the next question, someone.

:beer:

Archived