Continuous Quiz - Resurrect your brain cells!

robaus

Ahhh England's winning team in the 1966 World Cup Final. Charlton and Mo[o]re rang my bell... eventually!

Here ya go...

Clement Atlee, Clint Eastwood, Alf Roberts and Michael Henchard have all received a salary for doing what?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FARK I got it without looking - mind you to see if I was right I had to look up who the fark the last two are.

OK - keeping it local

Name the name used for the "events" that a group of mongers conducted every Friday, with what board the "reports" being given too.

Bonus points if you can remember the board names of some of the attendees.

...OK - keeping it local

Name the name used for the "events" that a group of mongers conducted every Friday, with what board the "reports" being given too.

Bonus points if you can remember the board names of some of the attendees.

Ack, my failing memory..this was about 2000-2.

The Friday event was the meeting of mainly ASFO members at Santos restaurant on Soi-4 (Soi-Nana),

which was a few doors from Nana Plaza. Friday was buffet night. Damn, I can't recall the name of the restaurant [i think it started with a "W"],

though I was at those meetings many times; it also there that was the one and only time I've ever gotten food poisoning in Thailand.

Santos also owned the popular "Titty Twister" bar in Nana Plaza as well as a small place across from the restaurant where roomed.

Santos was later busted...and may still be in jail, for scamming many people into buying shares of his ventures.

The meeting usually had about a dozen guys: Sarasin, Harry Seaman, Long Gun, myself ('rookie'), and faces I can still 'see' but cannot recall their names.

It was often after meeting (and on other nights) we livened up Nana Plaza, entertaining the gals with luminescent balls & bracelets, fake dog shit, vibrators, magic tricks, etc. Sarasin was the of master entertainment and I think knew every gal in the Plaza.

Archived