Family pressure

tartempion

I think you are wrong here, it is not a dysfunctional family at all, it's your standard family as I have seen over the years here, millions of families are like that, never ending requests/pressure to get more out of their children.

Taking care of elderly is a different theme all together.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bloody aweful day when I agree with TH and not my mate Tartie

It's all the reds fault.

You're right, it is bizarre. I fully agree with Tartie and not TH in this particular case. Very odd indeed.

Yup, must be the red's fault. Or Thaksin's. Or both? :dunno:

I have no car - HOWEVER - I am open to swimming hole if you pick me and wife and nieces up in a car and we can swim, drink beer - sunday works for me

Count me in.... I should be able to get there on my tricycle....in 2 days........

works for me.............

Link

... Ms Wanphen, 33, had worked in a doll factory but moved to Kata to work as a hostess at Sweethearts Bar in April this year, Mrs Sa-ard said.

The work enabled Ms Wanphen to support her mother and two children.

Ms Sa-ard said she had “no idea how to move on†after the death of her daughter, but that her cousins had been visiting constantly to give her support.

“She was the only one who supported the family,†Mrs Sa-ard said. “When she earned a lot, she sent us a lot. I live on about 100 baht a day.†...

When I first started going to LOS, I quickly learned about the family bonds and such. I knew earl on that you don't marry a Thai girl, you marry her family. I learned very early that in a lot of cases, the family comes first, especially if they marry a falang. Its one of the reasons I probably won't marry a Thai girl. Thinks can change. You can't predict love and emotion. However, we all know this ahead of time but jump in because we're in love and like a lot of women who think love can change a man, we think our love or mutual love you both have can change the woman. We are disappointed when it doesn't happen sometimes.

We in the west view the things the girls do and what members of the family do as wrong and they are being taken advantage of by their family. This has been going on for a very long time in Thailand and more or less in a lot of Asian and even non Asian countries. Family ties are very strong in the latin countries and its not uncommon for a young married couple to live with the parents of one of them.

It is what it is. I can either accept it or not and if I fall in love with a Thai girl, I can not accept and lose what I would consider the love of my life. I

The original post said she was a gf not a wife right? Pretty daring for a girl to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think many of us will ever meet a girl who never asks for anything but it is either the constant begging for cash or the random requests from the family for large unrealistic amounts which pisses you off.

I can handle some things but I could never accept large begging or requests and I guess that is it for me. For me, it is the stupidity of the requests, assuming that we are as stupid as they are, which upsets me.

Archived