iPad - no better than an iPhone

cagedsoidog

I had one for a month. I was shocked by how strict Apple is about content and such. I couldn't use Safari to download a simple movie (.avi file) that *I made*! I guess they assume it was pirated.

The device is basically useless unless you 1) want to keep paying Apple through the nose for content or 2) jailbreak it.

Fuck Apple, excuse my French.

Ah, yes, I forgot about this. I never buy movies, so this is a major problem.

:down:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to be a big Apple fan and have bought a number of their products over the years. But I've gone off them recently. High prices and their control freak nature wanting to control everything has put me off. The wifes just bought a new Dell running Windows 7 does every thing she needs to do for half the price and I will likely do the same when I finally decide to replace by old Apple.

Simie.

p.s. personally I like buying and reading a proper paperback book. Have absolutely zero interest in using a reader such as an iPad to do so.

• 2 months later...

Well, finally got the Ipad brought it. Got the 3g version but have not got the micro sim set up - doing that tomorrow.

Never had anything by Apple before.

So, installed iTunes - and set up an account.

Pet Peeve - yes, I'm in Thailand - but I do not want everything in Thai language. Really annoys me when there isn't a choice to keep the country set up as Thailand, but the language in English. This happens for Google, Yahoo also.

Anyway - looking around for Apps, Podcasts, etc.. (Free ones) - looks like a huge job just to look for what you want.

But so far a lot of fun to play with.

Let us know what sort of apps you might be interested in and maybe we can come up with some suggestions.

There is a free app called PANDORA BOX which is a good place to search for apps.

I have it on my iPhone, but not sure if it's compatable with iPad.

Also, do a google search for "top free 100 iPad apps" and you'll get some ideas there too.

:beer:

Archived