iPad - no better than an iPhone

cagedsoidog

Took a trip with person who had an iPhone and an iPad. The only difference between the iPhone and the iPad - was that the iPad has a bigger screen and the iPad does not make phone calls.

All it was used for was to watch movies on airplane.

So 2 million people forked over US $500.00 for a glorified DVD player/iPhone (minus the phone function).

Must be 'gadget' freaks.

LINK

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was umming and erring between the two and decided to make a sensible decision and went for the iphone4. I cant see what use the ipad is other than what the OP said, a glorified dvd player.

I will by an iPad next year, since I try to avoid first generation products. IMHO it is the perfect travel compagnion:

- very long battery life

- reading books, (including travel guides)

- email

- internet

- maps

- movies

e.g.

No need to carry notebook anymore...

I had one for a month. I was shocked by how strict Apple is about content and such. I couldn't use Safari to download a simple movie (.avi file) that *I made*! I guess they assume it was pirated.

The device is basically useless unless you 1) want to keep paying Apple through the nose for content or 2) jailbreak it.

Fuck Apple, excuse my French.

I was umming and erring between the two and decided to make a sensible decision and went for the iphone4. I cant see what use the ipad is other than what the OP said' date=' a glorified dvd player.

[/quote']

I will by an iPad next year, since I try to avoid first generation products. IMHO it is the perfect travel compagnion:

- very long battery life

- reading books, (including travel guides)

- email

- internet

- maps

- movies

e.g.

No need to carry notebook anymore...

Can't you do all that on the new iPhone?

Not sure if you read books for work/pleasure - but reading on a phone compared with an Ipad or other type of reader cannot be the same experience I would think.

I'm interested actually, I want an Ipad type device.

And no, I have never had any Apple product - so actually would wait for something comparable.

But so far have not found anything.

iPad version 1

waiting waiting waiting

iPad version 3

which is probably when the evil marketing bastards will release all the features and functionality that it's capable of...

JMHO

I'm interested actually, I want an Ipad type device.

And no, I have never had any Apple product - so actually would wait for something comparable.

But so far have not found anything.

All major PC companies are working on tablet PC's comparable to the iPad. Just wait a few months.

Also Google is working on a new operating system " Chrome OS " due to come out end 2010. I guess that it will be a very slick OS and it is made for netbooks and tablet PCs...

Archived