Its OK to sodomize a drugged 13 yr old so long as

robaus

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's interesting is that in the states an 18 year old can have sex with a 17 year old and be labeled a sex offender. And child predator.

It's also interesting that the Samantha Geimer says she is happy with the Swiss release and is asking prosecutors to stop hunting Polanski.

People have broadened the definitions of pedophile to what now? Americans are obsessed with child abuse and rape, they see it everywhere.

And none of those that want to string him up were there. I think that the victim is willing to publicly (not privately, but out in the open) go to bat for Polanski says a lot.

I think a lot of his getting away with it had to do with the way his wife was murdered by the Manson Family.

So you're saying that you think he hired the Manson family to commit murders in the LA area including killing his wife so that he would later have sympathy for his own sexcapades with minors? ;)

He and Nastassja Kinski were an item back when she was just 15, pretty much presumed by everone at the time that of course they were also sleeping together. Of course in those times, that wasn't thought of quite the same way it is today. And in different countries it's not thought of the same way.

I'm not at all saying Polanski's ok in this case because the circumstances were different.

There was a well made documentary about this on HBO pretty recently. Actually did a good job of showing the different sides/viewpoints of this case, didn't sugar coat his role in it at all, from what I could tell, but also pulled no punches on some of the dubious behavior esp by the judge in this case. Very interesting story.

I wouldn't say I agree with them completely, but both the victim herself and the attorney who was prosecuting Polanski at the time think that he should not serve more time for this (victim because he's done enough already, the atty because of the judge's misconduct in the case).

Polanski's case basically comes down to the fact that they had agreed to a plea bargain, done his part of that, but that then the judge was going to reneg on his end of it (for his own political reason) -- but that Polanski could no longer take back the plea he had entered, it was too late. He's already signed.

Anyway, I think the right question to ask is if anyone other than a movie star or powerful person would have gotten off with this as easily as he did IN 1977. I'm not so sure it'd be as slam dunk an answer as some of you seem to think.

<>

That's old news not related to the last information isn;t it?

Look at her reasons

Quotes

"Every time this case is brought to the attention of the Court, great focus is made of me, my family, my mother and others. That attention is not pleasant to experience and is not worth maintaining over some irrelevant legal nicety, the continuation of the case."â€â€Samantha GeimerCNN: Woman in case against Roman Polanski seeks dismissal (January 13, 2009)15

"So you're saying that you think he hired the Manson family"

Not at all but I think he did have sympathy because of the murders.

I know, was just being silly with that one.

There would have been awareness in those days of what happened with Tate, but the judge in the end wasn't intending to 'go easy on him' but rather the opposite. But if you mean that in the initial plea bargain, whether that was a factor, it could have been.

What were typical sentences for a case like that in those days though? He had what amounted to a 3 month sentence -- 'psychiatric evaluation' but was being held inside a prison facility. For some reason the evaluation ended before it was originally supposed to. The documentary actually didn't give much detail about that part.

It's been reported that she received a settlement in the neighborhood of 500-700,000 USD. Perhaps that also has something to do with it. Too, the charges in California read "The People of the State of California vs. Polanski". The crime was against the State. Anyway, he was being pursued as a fugitive for not returning to court...not the rape charge itself.

HH

Yeah, people want to discredit Samantha's request that they leave Polanski alone because there was a settlement (also, link please on the amount).

However, that settlement was already distributed and she doesn't stand to lose it if prosecutors pursue Polanski independent of her. Just what exactly does she stand to gain by going forth, in major media, and stating quite clearly that enough is enough -- and she doesn't understand why prosecutors won't stop.

Also, the link posted makes much hysteria about Polanski the child rapist. My problem with these things, is that they trivialize acts that are real and heinous by lumping them all together.

Is there an ethical problem with an adult sleeping with a 13 or 14 year old kid? Yes, there is.

Is that a pedophile rape? Is that how society wants to define and treat this? And guess what, you better get ready to go after a long list of well-knowns (eg Jimmy Page, Jerry Lee Lewis, etc...).

Also, the link posted makes much hysteria about Polanski the child rapist. My problem with these things, is that they trivialize acts that are real and heinous by lumping them all together.

Is there an ethical problem with an adult sleeping with a 13 or 14 year old kid? Yes, there is.

Is that a pedophile rape? Is that how society wants to define and treat this? And guess what, you better get ready to go after a long list of well-knowns (eg Jimmy Page, Jerry Lee Lewis, etc...).

The Polanski case was not consensual sex! Even after being liquored up and drugged by Polanski, she said no! If she was 30 it would still be rape.

Archived