Need suggestion on great Thai restaurants in BKK

doxx

I might add yukyor, the seafood type place on the river...It is nice...ASlo, for good issarn type food, the "Lick it gai yang" next to the ratchada Muay Thai stadium is really good! The Military hiso types eat there often! Not big on decor, but the food kicks ass!

Someone mentioned Gung Pao (sp) on Ratchadapeisek, but I think it closed? The Soi 24 fish market gets rapped as a tourist spot that pays taxi drivers a commission...but I have always thought it was a good place, and the prices weren't that much different from other places.

For fancy schamcy Thai food, isn't there a place called the Blue elephant or royal elephant or something? as I recall, it was near the King Power duty free on Ploenchitt, upstairs...or an I way off? Never been there.

LK,

Can you confirm if ad makers is opened or closed? As I recall, there was discussion that it was closing or moving or something. I recall "the gang" having a few good nights there. I recall one night, you, me, the numbers, DS and DDDave met up there, along with the girls of the time, and you immediately ordered 2 bottles of black...I pointed out I was not drinking, and you said "I know, that is why I only ordered 2."

As for "Chik-fillet" imagine the worst public school "APMP" (All Purpose Meat Patty for those who were never in the military) you ever ate, a chik-fillet is worse than that. Usually found in low rent malls.

P.S. I am actually wearing a red Chamois shirt as I type all this! Even us proletarians like a good meal!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friend of mine has a restaurant in Bang Saen directly at the beach! They planted coconut palms up to the waterline. And put tables and chairs in between. It is in Casa Lunar.

http://www.chomtalay-casalunar.com/

I wouldnt go swimming there but at high tide in the evening it looks beautifull with all the lights on the boats in the bay!

W

LK,

Can you confirm if ad makers is opened or closed? As I recall, there was discussion that it was closing or moving or something. I recall "the gang" having a few good nights there. I recall one night, you, me, the numbers, DS and DDDave met up there, along with the girls of the time, and you immediately ordered 2 bottles of black...I pointed out I was not drinking, and you said "I know, that is why I only ordered 2."

!

OH,

that AdMakers has long gone.

I believe they opened 1 further out of town...never been there

Also another one....somewhere not too far from the original...ate there once...never went back

Ahh...the good old (Perfect) days...I remember that night well... we were well primed before you arrived.

I had to submit a 9k entertainment expense chit for that night...fortunately it was passed...lol

On the way home....LK's girl had to tell the taxi where he lived....he couldn't remember...

I might add yukyor, the seafood type place on the river...It is nice...!

Yok Yor .... They have 5 branches I was told by the owner. With the comedy group we played at: Yok Yor Klong San, Yok Yor Marina, Yok Yor ... forgot the name ... and there should be 2 more. There are 4 along the river one is along Klong Bangkok Noi.

Someone mentioned Gung Pao (sp) on Ratchadapeisek, but I think it closed?

Yes Po Kung Pao on Ratchada is closed for some time already. Used to be a nice place .... but certainly not "Hi-So" as seems to be wanted. The tables were actually standing in the Parking Lot :(

For those whom want nice Isaan food for reasonable prices. Go to Soi Soon Vijay there are 3 Laap restaurants that have very good food. Used to be a favourite with comedians and singers after work. They stay open till 0600 in the morning usually. One of the 3 restaurants has very good Neua Yang and Keng Het Kai Mot Daeng!

Princess Terrace bar and Restaurant

D River of River

The View

All serve fantastic Thai food and have reasonable wine selections ...most 150 per glass

Have visited all these many times over the last few weeks with my wife and friends...highly recommend them all...they all overlook the river..

LK' date='

![/quote']

OH,

that AdMakers has long gone.

I believe they opened 1 further out of town...never been there

Also another one....somewhere not too far from the original...ate there once...never went back

Ahh...the good old (Perfect) days...I remember that night well... we were well primed before you arrived.

I had to submit a 9k entertainment expense chit for that night...fortunately it was passed...lol

On the way home....LK's girl had to tell the taxi where he lived....he couldn't remember...

Aye, that was a good night. Have you heard that my companion that evening is getting married to a Thai guy? I actually got an invite to the wedding in Lopburi.

Yes, as has been confirmed, Ad Maker's Lang Suan has been closed for some time. They have reopened in their fourth incarnation (#2 too far away and #3 too small and no music) in the Plaza Athenee Residence Tower on Ruam Rudee. I haven been there yet, but it is supposed to be as much like the original as possible, with funky decor and live music.

Archived