The Most Fiscally Irresponsible Government in U.S. History

cavanami

Do people still trust governments?

... Private health care and pension is a lot cheaper than gummiment alternatives

Assuming you can afford them, yes. The problems here (USA) and I assume other places is, private health insurance is expensive, and with salaries declining, it is difficult to pay for health care and save for retirement. Then there is the issue of health care when retired, as medicare does not pay for everything. The system here sucks.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah' date=' people seem to forget it took Bushie and the Repubnuts 8 years to get it this fucked up, and now expect the new guy to fix it in just one year. Makes one wonder don't it? [/quote']

Sure makes me wonder how "the new guy" thinks doubling/tripling the deficit in his first 18 months is gonna "fix it". :banghead: So, while "Bushie" took 8 years and a Demoncrat Congress to fuck things up, Obama has done in a relatively short time even worse. Sure as fuck "change we can believe in". :rotl:

HH

If that were true, as opposed to Fox propaganda, that would be a problem. But when one actually looks at what's been spent, and at projections from the CBO, one sees that you are off by miles. No surprise, really. Ideologues hate facts.

Do people still trust governments?

... Private health care and pension is a lot cheaper than gummiment alternatives

Assuming you can afford them' date=' yes.

[/quote']

What I was implying is that personaly I pay less for private health care than I would do if I was still living in the UK and making compulsorary contributions to the welfare system.

Well, the best thing to come out of Obama's one-term tenure is that it will be decades before the liberals who hijacked the Demoncrat Party will get back in power (if ever). The public has seen the travesty and folly of it's agenda. Pelosi and Obama have expotentially exposed, emphasized, and underscored the commie/marxist ideals that wing of the party represent. Hitler promised change also. As always, the devil is in the details. And the Devil (Obama) didn't provide those when he was campaigning. I called him a Professor Harold Hill at the time and that is what he turned out to be: an inexperienced, commie/Marxist con man.

HH

HH, you *really* need to step away from Godwin's Law...

We'll see in November. So far, 318 out of 326 incumbents have passed their primary elections. Not looking so good for your "takeover" from the Dems. People remember who got us into this mess, and who has saved the US's arse the past couple of years.

BTW, Obama is about as liberal as Nixon was. Show me otherwise.

Who has "saved ass"? Certainly you don't mean those who have put the taxpayer more and more in debt, while wasting billions more than Bush even thought about. FYI, the U.S. isn't the only country facing financial problems. I suppose you believe he was responsible for those also. :rotl:

Yes, we will see about the November elections soon enough. Primaries really don't mean anything...kind of like Spring practices that we can both recall. By early November, things shake out on the gridiron AND in the legislatures. CA is a lost cause...mainly due to the libtards that run the legislature. The rest of the country should use that as a marker for what happens when libtards control the purse strings. Tax, borrow and spend, that's the libtards motto. Has been for decades. Friggin' fools.

HH

Archived