Banning guns saves 200 lives a year

Nervous God

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So there are twice as many killings in LOS then the USA and 4 X's more in the USA then in the UK...interesting.

I own firearms but they are locked up and unloaded, so slim chance I will be shooting anyone and gun carrying friends of mines also have their guns in a gun safe, so little chance there.

There are extremely few shootings by "normal" people. 99.9% of the shootings are by illegal activities, in the USA, IMO.

OK, just a WAG on the 99.9% but might be close.

"There are extremely few shootings by "normal" people. 99.9% of the shootings are by illegal activities, in the USA, IMO.

OK, just a WAG on the 99.9% but might be close."

Mightn't this be because it is easy for a criminal to buy a gun, but very difficult for an honest citizen to buy a 'legal' one in many states?

"Good" people that own firearms, in the USA, have them under lock and key, unloaded.

Tough to take out an attack on you, especially a surprise attack, but possible.

So really, owning a gun is only a bit of protection, but better then nothing!

Not so brother Cav. If you have a legal license to carry a personal firearm, well, it is on your person, loaded, and accessible in case of a crime being done to you, a violent crime. Are you talking about rifles and shotguns perhaps? And yes, responsible citizens do lock up their weapons, and ammo, when not in their possession.

Responsible citizens should have a right to protect themselves from the criminal element. Why? Because the government does not, and cannot, do this for you at all times of the day and night and in all areas of the city/state where one may find oneself.

In 2006/2007 the US had 28000 fire-arm related homicides. The UK had 59. Neither country is a frontier anymore. But I don't know how a country with 28000 homicides can even claim to be civilized...

As Cent said, a lot of these shootings are amongst criminals. Drug dealers shhoting each other, gang shit etc...yes, random people do get caught in the cross fire, or are victims of robberies etc...but would you feel better if they were stabbed to death instead of shot?

As for gun laws and stats, it appears the places with the toughest gun laws have the most gun related crimes and shootings, so those laws don't work. Criminals know law abiding people fear the law as much or more than the criminals they face.

Yet in the states (37 last I heard) that allow people to carry concealed weapons, "crime on persons" has supposedly gone down...but that can't be now can it?

"Good" people that own firearms, in the USA, have them under lock and key, unloaded.

Tough to take out an attack on you, especially a surprise attack, but possible.

So really, owning a gun is only a bit of protection, but better then nothing!

My gun is loaded, one in the chamber with the safety on. In my neck of the woods, I would say that is how most have their gun.

An interesting take on the US....

When my GF came to the US one thing she noticed was that no one in NC had a wall and few had a fence. Those that had fences had the white picket kind which would stop nothing at all.

But in Buiram... just about every house has a 6ft brick wall around it. What is it the Thais are trying to keep out that Americans seem to have no fear of?

My apartment complex is gated, security roving patrols...of course I live in a shit city...my guns are loaded and ready for use if needed. When I lived in Philadelphia, I had a permit to carry a concealed handgun, which I believe should be the law in all states (the option to carry).

Guest lazyphil

bbkt, you live in arizona, right?....i was wanting to return there to see north rim grand canyon (i hear even more beautiful than south rim)......do i need a machine gun these days? :susel::grinyes:

Archived