Banning guns saves 200 lives a year

Nervous God

My family's home is downtown in an historic district - 155 year old house with an acre surrounding it. Nobody has fences or walls. You see walls mostly in the yuppie areas, huge awful looking barriers. Doctors and lawyers love the wall, but they don't stop anyone. Burglary is the main crime and burglars go right over a wall. My parents got hit about 9 years ago - very professional: took only gold, diamonds and pearls. Total loss was over $35,000 - including some family heirlooms! Pissed me off that my mother insisted (probably still does) on keeping anything of value in an unlocked cabinet in the entry hallway or even right out in plain sight, even though he have a wall safe upstairs! :banghead:

Insurance covered about $5,000. :(

p.s. Oh. yeah ... they'd put the dog outside in the pen when they went off to the senior center. Brilliant! :cussing:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My family's home is downtown in an historic district - 155 year old house with an acre surrounding it. Nobody has fences or walls. You see walls mostly in the yuppie areas, huge awful looking barriers. Doctors and lawyers love the wall, [color:red]but they don't stop anyone. Burglary is the main crime and burglars go right over a wall.[/color] My parents got hit about 9 years ago - very professional: took only gold, diamonds and pearls. Total loss was over $35,000 - including some family heirlooms! Pissed me off that my mother insisted (probably still does) on keeping anything of value in an unlocked cabinet in the entry hallway or even right out in plain sight, even though he have a wall safe upstairs! :banghead:

Insurance covered about $5,000. :(

p.s. Oh. yeah ... they'd put the dog outside in the pen when they went off to the senior center. Brilliant! :cussing:

That is why I have cacti and other nasty plants around my walls. When they see the dogs that gives them another incentive to get the hell away.

That is why I have cacti and other nasty plants around my walls. When they see the dogs that gives them another incentive to get the hell away.

That's why I have a gun and a USMC flag flying.

It works too!

How about concertina wire and trip flares? Maybe a few AP mines thrown in too ... some concealed pits with panji stakes ... :hmmm:

It works too!

Around my way, being a Marine is to be a target. The gang bangers get extra asshole points for beating up service men, especially Marines...you see real tough guys fight in packs...in the old days we called them pussies who couldn't handle their own shit.

Time for a Marine joke...a bunch of Talabans guys were sitting around, and they hear a voice say "1 marine could take out 20 Talaban fags..." so the warlord sends out 20 guys. A few minutes later, when none returned, they heard the same voice say "1 Marine could take out 50 Talaban fags..." so he sends 50...a few minutes later, none return, he hears the same voice "1 Marine could take out 200 Talaban..." so the warlord sends out 250! there is yelling, screaming, rags and blood flying all over...1 Talaban guy crawls back and says "IT'S A TRICK! There are 2 of them!"

It works too!

How about concertina wire and trip flares? Maybe a few AP mines thrown in too ... some concealed pits with panji stakes ... :hmmm:

Only some businesses have the razor edge wire strong on top of their walls.

As for walls, some people are doing what Thais do and put broken glass on the top of their wlls. Some are planting cacti on the top of the wall.

I have this nasty bush that grows 10-12 feet high with sharp barbs planted around also.

People have been building protective walls here for at least 225 years so I doubt it will ever stop.

Hi,

Funny to see the reaction of Americans here :)

The stats do not mesh with their ideas/opinions so they must be wrong. After all, owning a gun is a GOD GIVEN RIGHT!!! :)

Sanuk!

PS Banning alcohol would likely have an adverse effect as it would mean it would go underground. People would still (ab)use it, but would likely have to spend a lot more money on it.

They tried this in the US, didn't work.

Yes it is a GOD GIVEN RIGHT! In our Constitution!! If it were not for guns we would still be answering to English Lords and speaking English!

Archived