Infuriating Western Women, Ha Haaaah!!!!!!

Savittre

Okay, this is my last post on this topic.

Farangdang: Again, I'm not going to go into the validity of Roger's statements. Okay, you were quoting Coltlongbone, but I don't think you disagree with the statement so I'll continue.

I don't disagree with coltlongbone, that has been perfectly clear the entire time. I was supporting him (after another poster told him he was out of line, which he wasn't IMO). The only reason I brought his post was because you seemed to believe that I pulled this observation out of thin air.

So the question is why would someone with Roger's point of view participate in such a forum. My point is that this forum (the WHOLE board) is not 100% about the bg scene. Looking at all the categories (and not just the nightlife) you will find a significant percentage of information is not about or solely about the bg scene.

I don't know how clearly I can say this: THIS BOARD IS ABOUT BARGIRLS AND "WHORES". There is absolutely no reason for anyone who is not interested in those topics to participate here. Yes there are other topics discussed, but that is not the central theme of the board.

I'm NOT saying that everyone here has to be either a bargirl or sleep with them. It's fine to be curious, or to live vicariously through the apparently exciting (sometimes too exciting) lives of others. But if your sole motivation is to find out which are the best Wats to visit then you've come to the wrong place (and you should keep your judgemental attitudes to yourself).

Would you consider being a regular member of a gay community bulletin board, just so you can find good restaurants in NY's Village? Maybe you would, but if you started posting about how homosexuality is immoral and degrading ("but it's fine for YOU guys"), then you're out of line.

That's why siting statistics just only for the "nightlife" section is misleading. Additionally, I stated that the bg scene is only PART of the nightlife. In no way did I state that or imply that you use the term to "means going out to restaurants, bowling, seeing movies, concerts, etc." You are now giving me a position that I never had and saying I'm using sophistry. I find it ironic that you attribute words to me and then accuse me of sophistry.

You completely contradict yourself. This is not sophistry on my part, you just don't make any sense. You tell me in one sentence that "nightlife" means one thing, and in the next that "nightlife" means a completely different thing. I'm not putting words in your mouth, just make up your mind. Changing definitions to suit your position is the height of sophistry.

You sound sincere, so maybe accusing you of "sophistry" isn't quite fair; now you just sound like you're confusing yourself and there is no intent to deceive.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you are right about one thing. There is no intent to deceive. I'm just arguing points of logic and I concede when I'm incorrect as I've done with fredcunty.

As I said, I concede you were quoting coltlongbone. I never implied that you got it out of thin air, but that you agreed with the statement thus I continued my previous post.

Okay, you post, "THIS BOARD IS ABOUT BARGIRLS AND "WHORES"." Now we get to the crux of the matter. If that is your position then fine. Frankly, I find much more information than that. I believe Khun Sanuk would say there is more to this board than what you state. Now I have finally taken a position on something smile.gif" border="0

"But if your sole motivation is to find out which are the best Wats to visit then you've come to the wrong place (and you should keep your judgemental attitudes to yourself)." Well, guess I'm judgemental in thinking this board is about sanuk and not just solely about "whoring".

I like how you want me to make moral judgements about things and talk about my judgemental attitude when I've been particularly keen on not stating any specific positions and only arguing points of logic.

As regards to nightlife, I never said it means one thing and then it means another in the next sentence. Please READ the words of my previous post. I was citing and quoting what YOU attributed to me. Words I never said or implied. And yes, that's sophistry and poor rhetoric. I have never changed definitions. I have always stated that the bg scene is PART of the nightlife. I have NEVER changed from that position.

Your argument regarding the gay scene in New York is invalid. I come to this board for sanuk. I find folks to hang out with a beer with. I've found folks who I go bowling with. I find out information on isaan music venues in bkk. Find out about gatherings (quizzes, dinners, ploenchitt fair, songkran). Find out information about concerts and sports. Places to visit, and yes, like the best wats. Dream World, Long Gun's recent post about the Discovery Center (?). Experiences of travelling up country. Good/great restaurants and discos. I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say I don't read the board for information on the bg scene (I actually glean very little that is new as I see or hear about things before they are posted) but there are many reasons to read this board disregarding the bg scene. Nothing wrong nor judgemental about that last statement. If you really want, why don't you put up a poll to see if my stance is inappropriate. Something like, "Are there many reasons to read the nanaplaza boards if you are not interested in the bg scene?".

<<burp>>

Archived