Infuriating Western Women, Ha Haaaah!!!!!!

Savittre

quote:

Originally posted by spirit_of_town_hall:

Roger, whats it like working for a Thai firm, do you have any Thai managers above you.

I have always been told by people that its good working in asia, but hard to be managed by Thais is this the case?

I actually work for a farang company and my bosses are farang too.

Cheers

Roger

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I believe people who right off "western" women as a whole are truly missing the boat."

Agreed Gummy. Though I do feel however that the majority of "western women" have a very different attitude than there Thai counterparts (be it a bargirl or not). If I found an American girl who exhibited the same typical attitude and body type of a Thai girl, then by all means I would date her. But in my experiences, I have yet to meet this fabled woman (and believe me I looked!). I think some of the posters are making direct reference or alluding to "all" western woman exhibiting the same shitty attitude. Obviously these are generalizations, and shouldn’t be interpreted as "every" more like "most" or "typical"...there are always exceptions. As being someone who lives in Thailand wouldn’t you agree gummy?

BTW: Ever find anyplace in Bangkok that sells Recies penutbutter cups?

Roger,

I'm well aware of what the word "some" means, but you didn't use it the way you thought you did. Your "some" referred to some of all people, it did not refer to just some of the people that pay for sex. So what you ended up saying implied that if you are paying for sex then that is because you can't form a relationship with women. Otherwise it was rather silly of you to have included that sentence at all.

What if I had said "Some people are arrogant assholes who think they are better than everyone else, and therefore would never pay for sex." Of course, I'm not saying that about YOU, just "some people". wink.gif" border="0 (I'm just having fun here, please don't be offended.)

"Try the internet if thats your thing, I don't reccomend Bangkok Chat, but ICQ is pretty good. Also your place of work is also a good starting point."

I think you're missing the point. Are you really saying that I can go onto ICQ and chat up a beautiful girl who will come to my hotel room and have sex with me for free and then leave with no expectations? Or that the girls who work in your company will do this? And more importantly, are you hiring? I've already granted that we could all easily find non-prostitute wives and long-term girlfriends.

I know this thread has meandered between discussing relationships and sex (two very different things); perhaps that's your confusion.

Roger, I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind. Feel free not to answer them, but it might help me understand why some people think that paying for sex is wrong or "just not for them."

1) do you enjoy sex?

2) do you need to associate sex with love to enjoy it?

3) is paying for sex immoral and why (because it's degrading to women, because God says so, ...)?

4) do you avoid sex with "prostitutes" because of fear of disease, because they are lower class, or just because you don't want to tarnish your reputation?

I can think of many reasons why someone might think of paying for sex as bad (or "not for you", but I can't think of why YOU in particular do). Usually (in my experience), the reasons people think it's wrong are completely hypocritical, but some people have valid reasons. Again, if the reasons are too personal, no need to respond.

quote:

Originally posted by FarangDang:

[QB]

I think you're missing the point. Are you really saying that I can go onto ICQ and chat up a beautiful girl who will come to my hotel room and have sex with me for free and then leave with no expectations? Or that the girls who work in your company will do this? And more importantly, are you hiring? I've already granted that we could all easily find non-prostitute wives and long-term girlfriends.

[QB]

If you want a hooker then fine, if you don't thats fine too. Was just telling you my side of it.

It takes all sorts as they say.

Not going to comment on your personal attacks.

Cheers

Roger

I'm sorry if you found personal attacks in my post; none were intended. I'm only trying to figure out what you really feel since your words don't seem to convey it.

You again say "if you want a hooker". How is that not judgemental and a personal attack? At least I'm honest with myself.

Cheers.

SiamIAm:

While we might not be in complete agreement I think we are pretty much on the same lines.

One part we may disagree with is the tendency for western women to have this "shitty" attitude (however you want to define it). I've found most women are very confused. Confusion = the ability to exploit or take advantage. Thus I can understand where folks think they have a shitty attitude but then again, these people tend not to understand relationships. Then again, I am not very old, not very ugly, and had money when I was working (hehe), so I have had no problems in acquiring notches on my belt.

I'll have to admit that when I was in the west, I basically wrote off most asian women as potential dates/partners as I didn't want to deal with all that emotional cultural baggage crap. Matter of fact, if I get married (which I don't think I will), it will probably be to a western women.

In any case, my post was really taking a piss on folks who make these sweeping general statements and hold up "thai" womenly virtues as the goal for all womenhood when most of these guys experiences are with prostitutes. Additionally, these folks tend to be very ethnocentric and one-dimensional (the ME dimension) with no thought for others (and this very much includes the Thai partner in the relationship). This to me is the sad pathetic farang that thailand unfortunately tends to attract.

I have lots of respect for relationships where both parties understand what's exactly going on and are happy with the situation. I am very lucky to know of a few of these types of relationships. Very much different than the preceding type of character.

There are general Thai cultural values that I would like to see in America. The diminishing concept of the family unit is very much a frightening concern and doesn't bode well for humanity in general. America is one of the leading countries of the world. The family unit has disintegrated into mother/father/child. This is not really true though as divorce is rife in the country so the family unit shrinks to single parent/child. Everyone else is left out in the cold.

As to the reeces peanut butter question. Hmm, that vendor would probably be me!!! I have one and a half bags of the small individually wrapped cups and maybe 5 or 6 of the regularly bought pair of cups you get at any paper stand. There is even more on the horizon as I am expecting two more shipments in the next two weeks!!! smile.gif" border="0

ah well, a bit of a fragmented post, but it's late.

<<burp>>

Here's my take on women... they all have different flavors, Someone on this board mentioned "don't judge a book by its cover" but yet some of you guys are judging western women by their cover. I think it's a matter of preference just like someone said. It depends on what you like. SOme men are attracted to strong-willed, sexy women, while others like the more passive, shy, quiet type. Me? I like em all.

FarangDang said

quote:

Even if she is what you would consider to be a "bargirl" that does not make her a prostitute.

Im just having trouble distinguishing between the two, what is the essential difference?

quote:

Originally posted by fredCunty:

Im just having trouble distinguishing between the [bargirl and prostitute], what is the essential difference?

Depending on your perspective and definitions there can be a huge difference or none.

My definition of "bargirl" (for Thailand) is just any girl who works or spends significant time hanging out in a bar (for whatever reason). This includes waitresses, bartenders, pool girls, etc.

My definition of "prostitute" on the other hand is very narrow. The broadest definition of prostitute "any person who offers sensual or sexual favors in return for property or financial consideration" could be applied to most women and certainly the vast majority of Thai women who (rightly, IMO) consider financial stability and support an important considertion when choosing a mate.

My definition is closer to the common dictionary definition which is "indiscriminately" offering sex for money. I would consider most MP girls prostitutes and probably a high percentage of gogo dancers and other bar girls. But many of what I consider bar girls do not offer sex to customers at all (e.g. many of the daytime pool girls and waitresses). And many of them may go only with certain people (after the guy has put in a little work to show his worth).

Some people think bargirl is synonymous with "prostitute." Well, if that works for you fine. But then what do you call all the girls who work in bars who don't go for money?

And some people think they have some magical powers that allow them to distinguish which girls are prostitutes and which are not, which is clearly absurd. There is a spectrum and there is no fine line between "good" girls and "bad" ones.

Archived