Infuriating Western Women, Ha Haaaah!!!!!!

Savittre

quote:

Originally posted by Roger:

Or maybe I have been here too long, perhaps I should go back home for a break. Then I could come back and start hanging round with more hookers, sounds like the right choice.

Honestly, maybe you have been in Thailand too long since you have adopted the Thai upper/middle class view that bargirls are beneath you.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Old hippie:

Roger contributes quite a bit to this board on a variety of topics, I don't think your attack is warrented.

I don't think the comment was completely out of line. If someone is completely uninterested in Thai nightlife (which includes bargirls), then this is the wrong board to frequent. Sure there are other topics, but IMO, it's all within the context of the community (which has as its main bond, the nightlife).

I certainly wouldn't think of asking Roger to leave, but if he really does think as poorly of the rest of us as it appears, I'd ask him to stick to non-nightlife topics. Or maybe he can make some posts about the non-bargirl nightlife areas. Where would you take all the "good" girls and have a good time?

I would encourage people of all views to post here, but only if they're open to honestly debating the topic.

quote:

Originally posted by coltlongbone:

I personally could never comprehend being "bored of whores" in Thailand.

The old saying - "only boring people get bored" comes to mind.

I also would be very sad if ever got to the point where hanging out with bargirls or having sex with beautiful women became boring. I'm not sure I could spend day and night hanging out in bars (well, not for long, anyway). But it being one way to entertain yourself is certainly not bad (actually it ranks pretty highly for me wink.gif" border="0.

From what Roger has said it appears he thinks of it as an all consuming activity. You either spend all your life and free time with "whores" or you grow up and have real relationships.

quote:

Originally posted by FarangDang:

I also would be very sad if ever got to the point where hanging out with bargirls or having sex with beautiful women became boring.

Well, now who is changing his tune. there are two separate points there...hanging out with bargirls and having sex with beautiful women don't really have to go hand in hand.

Roger

As I and others have stated before, there is a lot more to Thailand than cheap sex and night life. I feel sorry for anyone who fails to notice this.

On a separate but equally sad note, this thread has deteriorated into name calling and petty bickering. Just agree that we can all like a place for different reasons and let it go at that.

Farangdang, Old Hippies comment about an unwarranted attack was towards Coltlongbone. Didn't mention you. I agree with Old Hippies comments that coltlongbone's post didn't add anything to this thread wheras Roger's has.

Farangdang, you state, "I would encourage people of all views to post here, but only if they're open to honestly debating the topic."

Then you express that you have more respect for fredCunty who says all women are whores. Given this (in my view, very close minded) position there is no honest open debating. There is only stating of positions and shoveling of kee back and forth.

Farangdang, I also think you knowingly unfairly stated that Roger is not interested in the nightlife. Who isn't interested in the nightlife. Roger is stating that he's bored with the BG scene (which is just PART of the nightlife). This is a form of sophmoric rhetoric and twisting of words that Roger previously alluded too. This board offers quite alot with regards to nightlife disregarding the bg scene. Is equating Roger's boredom with BG's to Roger's total disinterest to nightlife honest discourse?

Farangdang, you state, "Sorry, I can't help it if you don't say what you mean or can't express your views clearly." When you take Roger's words out of context, there is no debate. You are not reading what Roger is writing, or not arguing against his words. You are arguing against your interpretation. Not quite logical.

You seem bent on winning the "argument" than truly contributing to a lively conversation.

<<burp>>

quote:

Originally posted by Old hippie:

On a separate but equally sad note, this thread has deteriorated into name calling and petty bickering. Just agree that we can all like a place for different reasons and let it go at that.

I agree, as i have said on numerous occasions. I have nothing against people who come here just for the girly scene, and if people have problems with me not being here just for the girly scene then thats all it is , their problem. This will be my final post on this subject (on this thread anyway)

Cheers

Roger

As I and others have stated before, there is a lot more to Thailand than cheap sex and night life. I feel sorry for anyone who fails to notice this.

I'm not sure who you're referring to when you say this. There is more to Thailand than just sex, it wasn't until about my fifth trip that I started getting more involved in the nightlife.

But I certainly wouldn't feel sorry for someone who just wants to come here to hang out by the beach in the morning and hit the bars and brothels in the afternoon and evenings (typical sex tourist stuff). I'm not anyone to judge how people like to spend their time. I also don't feel sorry for the hundreds of thousands who visit Hawaii just to relax at a beach resort, but don't explore Hawaii's rich culture.

I've tried to honestly point out what I feel is the hypocrisy in Roger's attitudes towards bargirls. Not that I care much about Roger himself, I'm sure he's a fine guy; but that same hypocrisy is so pervasive in our society (and Thai society) that whenever I can I try to shed a little light on it.

I have no problem with everyone enjoying Thailand for whatever reasons. Apparently some people think that some reasons are more valid than others.

[ January 28, 2002: Message edited by: FarangDang ]

Archived