• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<

"New Wood Doesn't Burn, Does It?"

"He Puts White Rice On His Knee"

or

"Do You Have a New Bear That's Made of Wood?">>

Well that did no bloody good at all, first she slapped me and said she wasn't new to the game, then she slapped me and said no food sex, and finally the bar tender slapped me and said Chang always tastes of wood shavings!

KROPPP KHUNNN KARRPPPPP

I suppose' date=' but it seems they have little or no real respect for our country or culture.

I feel if you are going to live in a country you should make an attempt to learn the language, especially if there are programs that are free or dirt cheap to help you.[/quote']

I wish native English speakers would do the same if they went to another country. I sometimes really get pissed off at the arrogance of native English speakers with which they expect everyone to speak their language. And then make snide remarks about someone being stupid because they are not good enough in English.

Or the remarks that because you misspell English that you cannot participate in a discussion on a forum. Or people not reading your arguments but bitching about spelling mistakes.

Do not get me started on this subject. The French are even worse.

W

I agree. My Thai sucks, but at least I try. My Spanish, while slipping is still pretty good.

In a lot of places, suggesting Americans learn a second language is almost considered treason. I recall one very stupid coworker of mine once proclaiming "...if English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it is good enough for the rest of the world..." I said "...you think he spoke English..?" He said "...what the fuck do you think he spoke..?" Says it all right there.

Archived