Drudge Stirs National Debate On TSA Abuse

Flashermac

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok...this is the plan:

Build IED detection devices; small chambers into which passengers are individually processed similar to telephone booths. No visual scanning; only detection of explosive material, upon the discovery of which will cause the explosive material to detonate. Thus, anybody with explosive material on/in them will be safely disposed of.

I can hear it now: a small, muffled sound from the screening chamber and a voice announcing "Attention all standby passengers; we now have a seat available on flight xxx; Airport maintenance, please report to screening chamber 48".

:content:

HH

Can we assume airport theft is now zero? Not too long ago' date=' one person in Phoenix got busted for stealing over 1000 suitcases. It seems the 'law' doesn't go after these people until they have stolen over 1000 suitcases.[/quote']

You seem really hung up on this Theft issue. But it is completely different/not related to security regarding flights. The theft happens on the ground, and is not going to kill hundreds or thousands if it happens.

I don't like the idea of a guy grabbing my junk, it is gay, and an invasion...a woman would be less offensive to me, but that won't happen. I'd probably go for the scanner. For the record, I have not been groin grabbed yet (damned!) one guy got a bit close in Nepal, and I expressed outrage, and he backed off...I mean not with out some drinks and sweet talk honey!

Frankly, I don't think I should be searched at all, as I have a ramp badge and have access to the planes, if I wanted to do some shit, I could, and there is no way TSA could stop me. Same for pilots.

I hate the idea of strip searches and pat downs, especially the groin check. The scanner is also a problem, but what is the alternative? Ok, so if we give in on this the terrorists won? Bullshit, they already won in that respect, want them to win again by bringing down a few more planes? I mean that is the price of no security...so what's the answer? I mean we have a choice, fly and put up with it, or don't fly and stay home...seems simple...yeah I hate it, but I have a choice.

[color:red]If a person can steal what is inside a suitcase, what prevents him or her from putting something inside the suitcase - like a bomb?[/color]

Eh for starters, there is a difference between a thief and a terrorist.

In all the years of working for various airlines, I only know of 1 case where someone actually stole something...it was a wallet left on a plane, and a cleaner picked it up, took the money, and was trying to flush the wallet when he was caught...

Most "theft" occurs in the claim area, yes there is video surveillance, but it sucks, and it is monitored by the lowest bidder. A lot of shit also just falls out of bags because people pack them poorly, or leave them in open pockets. Most of what you call theft is NOT done by airline employees or contract workers. It is people off the street grabbing a bag off the belt of curb and walking away with it.

There are also a hell of a lot of fraudulent claims filed. There is a reason a lot of shit is not covered by your baggage check in agreement/payout coverage.

Now, stop mixing issues here, as 1 has NOTHING to do with the other. A terrorist who wants to stuff a bomb in his pants or up his ass will do so, there should be some way to detect this, and stop it. Until you or someone else comes up with a better way, we are stuck with this, or we can choose to NOT fly. That simple...

Woman says her Lambert security screening was sexual assault

(KMOV) -- More Americans are growing angrier, over what the Transportation Security Administration, admits are more intrusive security put downs at airports.

One woman is comparing her experience at Lambert Airport to a sexual assault.

Business traveler, Penny Moroney, was flying home from St. Louis to Chicago. Like all other airline passengers, she had to go through security first. When the metal in her artificial knees set off the detectors, she had to undergo more screening. When Moroney asked if she could go through a body scanner, she was told none were available.

A pat down was the only alternative.

Moroney explains “Her gloved hands touched my breasts... went between them. Then she went into the top of my slacks, inserted her hands between my underwear and my skin... then put her hands up on outside of slacks, and patted my genitals.â€Â

“I was shaking and crying when I left that room†Moroney says. “Under any other circumstance, if a person touched me like that without my permission, it would be considered criminal sexual assault.â€Â

Moroney complained to the Transportation Security Administration, TSA, supervisor and then complained on the ACLU’s website.

The national office is now monitoring what it calls a “flood of complaints†from across the country.

Edwin Yohnka of ACLU Illinois says there are no laws and no regulations that govern scanners and pat downs.

Moroney said she wishes there were full body scanners everywhere so that she could have avoided a pat down.

The TSA’s response was that their officers’ first priority is safety when asked if putting hands down the front of someone’s pants is excessive.

The TSA said they don’t comment on individual screening procedures at checkpoints.

Anyone who sets off the metal detectors are required to go through a physical pat down, but the TSA says they use a less aggressive touch for children under 12.

The government is currently adding more body scanners at airports across the country.

BOOOOOOOORRRRRNNNNN in the you ess eh ....

Enhanced pat down leaves Grand Rapids airline passenger in tears

GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - Before boarding a flight in Grand Rapids, a woman says the search at the security checkpoint was violent, unnecessary and extremely upsetting.

"When I got on the plane all I wanted to do was sob," says traveler Ella Swift.

Swift was one of an increasing number of passengers Transportation Security Administration officers are thoroughly searching by hand. They call it an "enhanced pat-down."

Swift says they told her she was singled out because she was wearing a skirt. She says the search earlier this month was very rough and left her in tears.

"The female officer ran her hand up the inside of my leg to my groin and she did it so hard and so rough she lifted me off my heels," she says. "I think I yelped. I was in pain for about an hour afterwards. It just felt excessive and unnecessary."

After reviewing the incident, a TSA spokesman says officers involved in the Grand Rapids search acted "appropriately and respectfully."

The TSA says people in what they call "bulky clothing" may be singled out for the enhanced pat-down. Some passengers may also be selected for the search at random. The TSA says they have installed full body scanners and added the pat-downs to improve aviation security.

Pervs R Us

Cancer surviving flight attendant told to remove prosthetic breast during pat-down

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - A Charlotte-area flight attendant and cancer survivor contacted WBTV after she says she was forced to show her prosthetic breast during a pat-down.

Cathy Bossi lives in south Charlotte and has been a flight attendant for the past 32 years, working the past 28 for U.S. Airways.

In early August Bossie was walking through security when she says she was asked to go through the new full body-scanners at Concourse "D" at Charlotte Douglas International.

She reluctantly agreed. As a 3-year breast cancer survivor she says she didn't want the added radiation through her body. But, Bossi says she did agree.

"The TSA Agent told me to put my ID on my back," she said. "When I got out of there she said because my ID was on my back, I had to go to a personal screening area."

She says two female Charlotte TSA agents took her to a private room and began what she calls an aggressive pat down. She says they stopped when they got around to feeling her right breast, the one where she'd had surgery.

"She put her full hand on my breast and said, 'What is this?'. And I said, 'It's my prosthesis because I've had breast cancer.' And she said, 'Well, you'll need to show me that.'"

Cathy was asked to show her prosthetic breast, removing it from her bra.

"I did not take the name of the person at the time because it was just so horrific of an experience, I couldn't believe someone had done that to me. I'm a flight attendant. I was just trying to get to work."

Since then, Cathy has contacted the Legislative Affairs Team, a group through the flight attendant union. She says she wants to see a crackdown on these personal pat downs.

[color:red]"There are blowers and there are dogs out there that can sniff out bombs," she says. "There's no reason to have somebody's hands touching your body parts."[/color]

A TSA representative says agents aren't supposed to remove any prosthetics, but are allowed to ask to see and touch any passenger's prosthetic.

TSA says it will review this matter.

Hire the mentally handicapped

Archived