Drudge Stirs National Debate On TSA Abuse

Flashermac

Not so sure about the kiss a guy bit. Couldn't we make it eat a BLT and belt back a shot of booze? :D

Anne Coulter had a nice rant about how the terrorists have virtually all been Muslims of Middle Eastern origin, but instead the TSA has to grope everyone else who does NOT look like that because the ACLU insists that to profile those who fit the terrorist description would be racist or something.

Anne Coulter is a prat, but I agree with her on this one. If you were on the look out for IRA Provos, you wouldn't be groping black guys from Detroit. You'd be looking for Paddy types. :cover:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

""Penn Jillette's idea: "Bacon & a Kiss" screening: you've got to eat a piece of bacon and kiss a male flight attendant on the lips before boarding. Estimated to do away with 99.9999999...% of terrorists.""

Proper kiss right? Tongue?

Male Hasidic Jew Flight Attendant right? With an obvious hard-on right?

But seriously, the male bit, might not work, some experiences with Afghani refugees in Middle Earth suggest that women are for marriage and breeding, boys are for sex.

Ergo, kissing male flight attendants might add to martyr experience.

Can we assume airport theft is now zero? Not too long ago' date=' one person in Phoenix got busted for stealing over 1000 suitcases. It seems the 'law' doesn't go after these people until they have stolen over 1000 suitcases.[/quote']

You seem really hung up on this Theft issue. But it is completely different/not related to security regarding flights. The theft happens on the ground, and is not going to kill hundreds or thousands if it happens.

I don't like the idea of a guy grabbing my junk, it is gay, and an invasion...a woman would be less offensive to me, but that won't happen. I'd probably go for the scanner. For the record, I have not been groin grabbed yet (damned!) one guy got a bit close in Nepal, and I expressed outrage, and he backed off...I mean not with out some drinks and sweet talk honey!

Frankly, I don't think I should be searched at all, as I have a ramp badge and have access to the planes, if I wanted to do some shit, I could, and there is no way TSA could stop me. Same for pilots.

I hate the idea of strip searches and pat downs, especially the groin check. The scanner is also a problem, but what is the alternative? Ok, so if we give in on this the terrorists won? Bullshit, they already won in that respect, want them to win again by bringing down a few more planes? I mean that is the price of no security...so what's the answer? I mean we have a choice, fly and put up with it, or don't fly and stay home...seems simple...yeah I hate it, but I have a choice.

[color:red]If a person can steal what is inside a suitcase, what prevents him or her from putting something inside the suitcase - like a bomb?[/color]

Eh for starters, there is a difference between a thief and a terrorist.

In all the years of working for various airlines, I only know of 1 case where someone actually stole something...it was a wallet left on a plane, and a cleaner picked it up, took the money, and was trying to flush the wallet when he was caught...

Most "theft" occurs in the claim area, yes there is video surveillance, but it sucks, and it is monitored by the lowest bidder. A lot of shit also just falls out of bags because people pack them poorly, or leave them in open pockets. [color:red]Most of what you call theft is NOT done by airline employees or contract workers.[/color] It is people off the street grabbing a bag off the belt of curb and walking away with it.

There are also a hell of a lot of fraudulent claims filed. There is a reason a lot of shit is not covered by your baggage check in agreement/payout coverage.

Now, stop mixing issues here, as 1 has NOTHING to do with the other. A terrorist who wants to stuff a bomb in his pants or up his ass will do so, there should be some way to detect this, and stop it. Until you or someone else comes up with a better way, we are stuck with this, or we can choose to NOT fly. That simple...

Lets say one of the people up in Phoenix that got caught (each different incidents) with stealing over 1000 suitcases got 'caught' not by the police but by somebody who wanted to have a bomb put on an airplane. [color:red]Could it happen?[/color]

Could what happen? A thief gets caught by a terrorist instead of a cop? WTF are you trying to say here dude...ah never mind...

Ireland Elects Its First Black Mayor

DUBLIN, 29 June 2007

Ireland elected its first black mayor Thursday, the latest sign of how rapid immigration is changing this once all-white nation.

Rotimi Adebari, a Nigerian who arrived in Ireland seven years ago as an asylum-seeker, was elected unopposed to lead the council of Portlaoise, a bustling commuter town west of Dublin.

Adebari, 43, who has been an independent politician on Portlaoise Town Council since 2004, was backed by both the right-wing Fine Gael party and left-wing Sinn Fein.

Adebari, who planned a post-election party Friday at the new parish hall in Portlaoise, called it "a great honor to become the No. 1 citizen of the town."

Little more than a decade ago, a black person in Ireland risked being gawked at, so rare was the sight of visitors from different racial backgrounds. But Ireland has absorbed more than 30,000 asylum seekers - particularly from Africa's most populous nation, Nigeria - since the mid-1990s, a wave attracted by Ireland's booming economy and its relatively lax immigration rules.

These days, West African entrepreneurs run stretches of shops in urban Dublin and other Irish towns and cities, and social activists like Adebari are encouraging the newcomers to integrate into their communities.

WTF?

Archived