Drudge Stirs National Debate On TSA Abuse

Flashermac

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we assume airport theft is now zero? Not too long ago, one person in Phoenix got busted for stealing over 1000 suitcases. It seems the 'law' doesn't go after these people until they have stolen over 1000 suitcases.

You seem really hung up on this Theft issue. But it is completely different/not related to security regarding flights. The theft happens on the ground, and is not going to kill hundreds or thousands if it happens.

I don't like the idea of a guy grabbing my junk, it is gay, and an invasion...a woman would be less offensive to me, but that won't happen. I'd probably go for the scanner. For the record, I have not been groin grabbed yet (damned!) one guy got a bit close in Nepal, and I expressed outrage, and he backed off...I mean not with out some drinks and sweet talk honey!

Frankly, I don't think I should be searched at all, as I have a ramp badge and have access to the planes, if I wanted to do some shit, I could, and there is no way TSA could stop me. Same for pilots.

I hate the idea of strip searches and pat downs, especially the groin check. The scanner is also a problem, but what is the alternative? Ok, so if we give in on this the terrorists won? Bullshit, they already won in that respect, want them to win again by bringing down a few more planes? I mean that is the price of no security...so what's the answer? I mean we have a choice, fly and put up with it, or don't fly and stay home...seems simple...yeah I hate it, but I have a choice.

Personally, I don't give a fuck as an anonymous passenger passing through airports once in a while. But what if I'm some hottie ticket agent that has to pass through there several times a day, she might suspect TSA wants to check out her details? Or a celebrity...they know TMZ wants a piece of it. It doesn't concern me at the moment, but I understand how it might concern others.

PS. A long time ago when I worked at LAX, I was an expert at security breaches. Carried a Jiffy Bag full of bullets across the ramp to the cockpit for a captain because he had to go through security and I had a badge and didn't. When I realized what I was carrying, I thought, "Geez, I could get in trouble for this!" But the fact remains, dude with the bullets (for sporting purposes, mind you) was in charge of the mission - carrying passengers safely to their destination. And no one in airport security could stop a mission change on his behalf.

I'm sure this does wonders for tourism to the US. Can't you imagine some shy little Asian gal thinking "I'm not letting anybody feel me up! I'm staying home." Probably a lot of others not so shy thinking the same thing ... "Fuck you, Uncle Sam! Who the hell do you thin you are?"

Our government really is run by arseholes of the highest degree, no matter which party is in power at any time.

District Attorney in area covering SFO will prosecute TSA staff:

SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- The San Mateo district attorney's office has a warning for all TSA personnel at SFO -- anyone inappropriately touching a passenger during a security pat down will be prosecuted.

Incoming San Mateo DA Steve Wagstaffe says any complaints of inappropriate touching during an airport security pat down will land on his desk.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/peninsula&id=7793386

Sanford Airport to opt out of TSA screening

The backlash continues over those new TSA screening measures, and now one Central Florida airport has decided to go with a private security screening firm.

Orlando Sanford International Airport has decided to opt out from TSA screening.

"All of our due diligence shows it's the way to go," said Larry Dale, the director of the Sanford Airport Authority. "You're going to get better service at a better price and more accountability and better customer service."

Dale says he will be sending a letter requesting to opt out from TSA screening, and instead the airport will choose one of the five approved private screening companies to take over.

Congressman John Mica, who's expected to lead the powerful Transportation Committee next year, says the TSA is crying out for reform.

"I think TSA is overstepping its bounds," said Mica.

Dale says, if all goes as planned, the private security firm could take over in about 12 month.

Link

Archived