Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

"July 17, 2007—The American Medical Association (AMA) has officially established a code of ethics designed to protect patients receiving RFID implants. The recommendations focus on safeguarding a patient's privacy and health, and are the result of an evaluation by the AMA's Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs (CEJA) regarding the medical and ethical implications of RFID chips in humans, as well as a follow-up report recently released. The latter discusses the possible advantages and specific privacy and ethical issues of using RFID-enabled implantations for clinical purposes."

LINK

<< UK 2008-2009: 39 killed

US, so far this year: 94,388 shot>>

If we are going to play games with numbers, let's at least be honest. (Not blaming Boo, just the Daily News.)

From The Guardian -

<< The murder rate in England and Wales has fallen to its lowest level in 20 years, with 648 homicides recorded in 2008/09 – 136 fewer than the year before. Home Office statisticians said the drop was "not a blip"

A bit more than 39 killed, isn't it?

<< Overall violent crime was reported to have remained stable by the BCS and fell by 6% on the police figures. Violence against the person involving injury fell by 7% to 421,000 incidents.

There was a significant further fall in gun crime with the number of incidents involving a firearm down by 17% to 8,184. The number of fatal shootings fell from 53 to 38. >>

Again, let's compare apples and apples - TOTAL shootings to total shootings.

<< The number of fatal stabbings has fallen in the past from 270 to 252 but attempted murders involving a knife were up from 245 to 271. Robberies involving knives were down 2% from 17,058 to 16,701. >>

<< There was a slight rise in the risk of becoming a crime victim in England and Wales – 22% to 23%. This compares with the 40% risk when crime peaked in 1995.

Despite this sustained fall in crime in England and Wales over the past 14 years the majority of the public – 75% – believe crime is increasing nationally. People tend to have a more positive view of their own neighbourhood. Only about half think crime is on the increase in their area. >>

http://www.guardian....ecession-impact

County Police Chief Recommends Arming School Personnel

ST. LOUIS COUNTY (KMOX) - St. Louis County Police Chief Tim Fitch says it is time to talk about arming civilian school personnel following Friday’s massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, comparing it to arming airline pilots after September 11, 2001.

“I see it no differently,†he said. “Pilots have been armed now for many many years, we’ve not had another hijacking and the issue is, for the bad guy, he doesn’t know which airplane he’s getting on, if the pilot is armed or not.â€

Fitch said the killing will not be stopped by legislation or laws. “If there’s somebody that’s really hellbent on doing something like this, they’re not going to care what the law is.â€

The chief is adamant about his plans but realizes his calls for arming school workers will be met with resistance.

“We touched on this issue with heroin problem with schools. When we first were talking about the heroin problem in St. Louis, many of the school officials ran and they just hid out, they said ‘nope, we don’t have a heroin problem in our schools,’†Fitch said.

“They started to find out some of the students were involved in this and some of the students were dying of heroin overdoses. It forced them to have this discussion and to take action, inviting us into their schools to talk about the heroin problem in St. Louis.â€

Concerning the possibility of gun control, Fitch said “it’s just not going to happen,†and called for an increased focus on mental health instead.

“One of the first thing governments tend to cut back on in tight times are mental health services,†he said. “We know this individual has a mental health history in Connecticut, we’ve seen that in all the school shootings, and additional resources would be helpful.

But, last resort, somebody’s got to take action and they got to do it quickly.â€

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/county-police-chief-recommends-arming-school-personnel/

“Pilots have been armed now for many many years, we’ve not had another hijacking and the issue is, for the bad guy, he doesn’t know which airplane he’s getting on, if the pilot is armed or not.â€

Faaark! I didn't know that! Another reason not to fly to America. Just my luck I'd be on the plane where some pilot goes Clint Eastwood with some Rapper who thinks he owns the world and there's the big shoot out in the sky....

""we’ve not had another hijacking""

Didn't have a lot before, I'd suggest that airport security, increased intelligence efforts and passenger profiling has a lot to do with there not being another hijacking.

Another comment about the gun argument I saw on the televisual extravaganza...

One guy hides a bomb in his shoes (and fails to kill anyone) and now millions of people around the world have to take off their shoes and belts and suffer harassment at airports everywhere.

But if you've got people slaughtering children with guns, the answer is - arm more people...

• Like 1

Another comment about the gun argument I saw on the televisual extravaganza...

One guy hides a bomb in his shoes (and fails to kill anyone) and now millions of people around the world have to take off their shoes and belts and suffer harassment at airports everywhere.

But if you've got people slaughtering children with guns, the answer is - arm more people...

Like it :up:

It really is quite possible and pleasant too to live in a society where guns are kept well away from the general no-need-to-own population.

I apologise to Americans on this forum I previously called weirdos. I was angry at the preventable slaughter of innocent children.

Personally, I would like to see zero ownership. But perhaps make a start by banning all weapons that a farmer or a hunter would find unnecessary..such as [semi] automatic rifles and handguns. I have a good Canadian friend who hunts with a crossbow to give the game better odds and himself more skilful sport.

. “Pilots have been armed now for many many years, we’ve not had another hijacking and the issue is, for the bad guy, he doesn’t know which airplane he’s getting on, if the pilot is armed or not.â€

That is OPTIONAL.

Not all or not even many do.

It is the LOCKING of the doors that has accomplished such.

And, of course, the number of Air Marshalls.

It ain't more guns.