Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

"Lawmakers at the federal level and in at least three states, including Ohio, have begun efforts to ban microplastics, the tiny particles that give toothpastes, body washes and facial scrubs their abrasive qualities, but may kill birds and fish."

Why on Earth would birds and fish be brushing their teeth or scrubbing their bodies? They don't even have arms.

There is a difference between a janitor and a student. The "student" in question is over 50 years old but as an employee is allowed to take some classes for free.

"INDIANAPOLIS — A janitor whom a university official had accused of racial harassment for reading a historical book about the Ku Klux Klan on his break has gotten an apology — months later — from the school.

Charles Bantz, chancellor at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, apologized to Keith John Sampson in a letter dated Friday, saying the school is committed to free expression."

LINK

And thanks again to the ACLU !

"Luckily, there's a happy ending. After five months, and two letters from the ACLU of Indiana,"

LINK

Why on Earth would birds and fish be brushing their teeth or scrubbing their bodies? They don't even have arms.

Listen.

Birds don't have teeth. And although fish do have teeth - using a tooth brush is a chore.

I think the point of the story was that these birds and fish are eating these plastic bits. And then ultimately humans are eating the fish.

The complexity of the food chain can be complicated.

This lawsuit thingy is so much complete bullshit. The reality is that some of these tea party pols are from districts that have been gerrymandered to guarantee one kind of voter so they are 'safe'. Teir ONLY job is just to f*ck with the President on anything. Obama is f*cking up on his own in a variety of things but comes out looking better because some of these Republicans are just so far out there. The senate is particularly troubling. Historically the far more reasonable of the two houses. How someone like Cruz from a big state like Texas can be so whacky is reminiscent of the '50s McCarthy era.

What ever one thinks of Obamcare (and I am on record that national health care or at the very least a massive change in how we distribute and pay for health care needs to be changed) it will become permanent and it will be accepted and to some definable degree it will work. Maybe not to the extent it should but it will change. Obama play chess while his opponent sometimes plays checkers. He has embraced the term Obamacare once meant to criticize it. Why? He knows it will be come a permnent part of America and thereby making himself part of history in the positive. It will be known as that and its going to help his legacy. My guess is history will make Obama out to be a victim of Republican hating. Just my guess.

The country has no strategic long term plan for success. Short term politicking is kiling us as well as corporations and industry lobbies stifling any progress. For example, America should have been one of the first countries with high speed/bullet trains. The eastern corrider screams forit. Especially Boston to Washington DC where you have Hartford, NYC, Philly and Baltimore in between. France, Korea, Japan, and other countries have excellent high speed systems. The airline industry has killed any start of it behind the scenes. The car industry as well. Old technology has power to kill new technology these days. We wouldn't have progressed from rail to car to planes at the rate we did if this same power was possible a 150 years ago.

My favorite time to vote every 2 years is coming up next Tuesday. I've mentioned before that I consider myself a Democrat. But in Kansas, 90% of elections are won by Republicans. so, I registered 4 years ago as a Republican, solely that I could vote in the primaries as a Republican. I may actually vote for my representative, Kevin Yoder. I detest Sam Brownback and don't like Pat Roberts, so I will vote for their tea party opponents. Brownback and Roberts should win easily but I'll feel good about my vote. In case anyone thinks that I made a mockery out of the election process, I do take any amendments on the ballot serious. It's hard to take politicians seriously.

The all-American al Qaeda suicide bomber

(CNN) -- Seconds before he detonated the massive truck bomb that killed him and a number of Syrian soldiers two months ago, Moner Mohammad Abu-Salha radioed other fighters in al Qaeda to say, "I see paradise and I can smell paradise."

That in itself may not be unusual. But what should focus our attention is the identity of the bomber -- he was an American.

The son of a Palestinian father and an Italian-American mother, Abu-Salha grew up in Vero Beach, Florida, where he played high school football.

Abu-Salha, who was 22, is the first American suicide bomber known to have died in Syria.

On Monday, an al Qaeda-affiliated group in Syria released a half-hour videotape in which Abu-Salha explained his rationale for the impending suicide mission

Abu-Salha also paints a vision of what life in paradise will be for those who are killed fighting in Syria. In paradise, he says, "A tree will pick the fruit off of itself and hand it to you," while you will find a woman so beautiful that "you would die from her beauty."

http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_c5

The only good thing about these homicidal idiots is that they can only do it just once. :(

But in Kansas, 90% of elections are won by Republicans.

I was driving west - east along highway 36 from Colorado to Ohio. Spent the night in Oberlin, Kansas. Next morning stopped at the McDonalds in Norton, Kansas. For a quick breakfast sandwich. Drove from San Diego to Cape Ann on Atlantic.

Morning, inside McDonalds in Norton, Kansas were 4 elder gentlemen having their daily morning coffee/meeting/gathering.

One can't comprehend how rural America is until one actually views the vastness of farm land in Kansas.

Anyway, I walked up to the four seniors and stated: "Can I ask you guys a question?"

As polite as this great country can be - they all stated of course. Ask away.

Here was my question to the four rural Kansas men:

"In the year 2016, which one of you guys are going to vote for Hilary Clinton?"

"Get the hell out of here." "We don't want your kind around here." "Go back East where you belong." "There is only one Democrat in the whole county and we are trying to get her to move."

Why would you interrupt a group of strangers to inject your views?

They should have let the air down in your tires.

Why do you object to them having an opinion?

This is liberalism at its worst. Mind your own fucking business and let people live how they choose.

Why would you interrupt a group of strangers to inject your views?

They should have let the air down in your tires.

Why do you object to them having an opinion?

This is liberalism at its worst. Mind your own fucking business and let people live how they choose.

• Like 1