Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I went to vote at 8 this morning. For the 15 minutes that I was there (only 5 minutes devoted to voting), there were 6 people inside, running the polling place. No voters, however. That's a first for me. If the percent of eligible voters voting today reached 25%, I'd be shocked. Maybe, we need to institute the Australian laws for voting. Half of the candidates were running unopposed. The other half, who were incumbents, I voted against. Also, no amendments. For all those that could have voted and cancelled out my vote, I thanks you for making my vote a lot more valuable.

" How much longer do we have to listen to minorities crying about unfair laws?"

When the police stop beating the hell out of people just because they are black brown poor or deranged.

Frankly my experience is similar to yours in that I have never been arrested etc but I have watched

what happens to OTHERS.The police can use their discretion and many time it is not fair.You live in some

never never land far from reality-that's fine enjoyit

Over it

But they could have Saturday and Sunday all day voting to provide more opportunity to vote.

And vote by mail.

And on a side note - my state was one of the ones that passed the voter ID requirements. Although there was never reported any fraud in the whole state ever.

BUT, if I go to town hall ahead of time and request an absentee ballot - no ID required. I vote by absentee ballot every election even if I am home. Go figure.

Gotta love those Tea Party folks.

Hey, why not rip off donations for the troops? Then pay yourself $ millions of dollars.

" This year, a Tea Party affiliated group called Move America Forward, is facing allegations every bit as serious. Kim Barker’s piece in The Daily Beast raises serious questions the charity will have to answer quickly.

Move America Forward calls itself the nation’s “largest grassroots pro-troop organization,†and has recruited a bevy of Republican luminaries, including former Presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush and former Vice President Dick Cheney, to support its efforts.

Yet an examination of its fundraising appeals, tax records and other documents shows that Move America Forward has repeatedly misled donors and inflated its charitable accomplishments, while funneling millions of dollars in revenue to the men behind the group and their political consulting firms.

Barker’s report raises allegations that, if true, may point to illegalities, including the possible use the charity’s funds to subsidize conservative political action committees."

LINK

THANK-YOU

Quite frankly I agree with CS 100%.

I personally observe that its everyone who can and will be targeted FOR WHATEVER PADS THE BOTTOM LINE

I got a 150$ ticket in San Diego for JAYWALKING with not car in sight ( cop was on a motorcycle and just came around the corner

as I stepped onto the curb)

With the above in mind I observe that citizens of color have it the worst.

Khun Kung you are lining up for that most COVETED award:

MOST ANNOYING NEW POSTER OF THE YEAR :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

Jitagawn,

I've mentioned before I went to a church once that had 3 cops, LAPD. This was over 10 years ago mind you. They told the congregation to fix any and every thing on your car such as busted break light, etc. They said they were given a directive from the top. Write up everything. No more warnings. Their promotions was going to be partially based on numbers. These cops worked south central, one of the worst part of LA. They were all Black. The reason they were upset about it they said was because the last thing they want to do is write a ticket to some poor schmuck going or coming from work who can hardly afford it. He said, the cops had a bad enough reputation already but this directive was going to get the hardworking, law abiding citizens from siding with them. It was going alienate everyone. The common complaint from the LAPD was money needed to fight crime, hire more cops. I lived in Hollywood for a time and worked in Santa Monica. My apartment was near the clubs, always kinda loud but it is what it is, its a club area. On club nights, Fridays and Saturdays, the streets were inundated with cops. Writing all assortments of tickets. Basically, if you were driving you got a ticket. Really, they know that most won't be challenged and if they were the cops would believed. The burden on proof was on you. I watched out my bedroom window in amazement. Cars, almost all young clubbers, getting stopped for no reason whatsoever and you could hear them arguing "What the f*ck did I do?" It was surreal. In Santa Monica I took the bus to and from work, even though it was longer. Why? At rush hour, cops were writing up cars left and right. If you were barely on a yellow light in the last car on the left turn signal, cops wrote you up. It got to the point, cars who knew better, woudl sit out green lights if they were too far back in the pack. These cops could have been in the bad areas. They weren't. The police are now a revenue source. Its a co directive with fighting crime. The cities are broke. They need to get more money.

Okay, now for some levity. I spit up my drink when I saw this every American is of the age to know the Addams family tv show either when it was on tv or in re-runs where I watchted it after school. I can't put my finger on it but there is something wrong about this...lol...i don't know it just seems so wrong.