Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

King Kung. You obvioiusly have never lived in certain areas of America. First, the police instigate. They actually try and get you angry. I've been in it, i've seen it. You don't know me but anyone on here who has met knows I'm amiable. I was raised to respect adults, especially the police. I grew up in the inner city. I can't tell you how many times the police would stop me, either alone or with friends and call you stupid, etc. I'm a teenager mind you. Who is gonna believe a young black kid in the inner city? I was an adult in LA, I have been told by police while in a shirt and tie mind you, to kneel with my hands over my head for routine traffic stops. They try and degrade, insult, etc. certain people. The only difference these days its EVERYONE.

Even if you comply you sometimes get hit or at the very least manhandled. The cops in the suburbs used to treat people totally different. I went to HS in the burbs my last year and a half and while in the car with classmates, from this upper middle class Republican area, the cops would stop them and they would mouth off to the cops. I'm stunned. Once you f*ck with the middle class, things happen. Cops know that. Google 'police brutality' and any group 'elderly', 'teenager', 'soccer mom', its everyone. Minorities have been saying it for years and everyone used to think 'oh, they must have done something wrong, every cop I've ever come across never crossed the line'. Cops aren't stupid. You know who can make trouble and you know who can't.

Now, I hear ya. 'Well, the crime rate in those areas are so high, the cops have to be tough', City kids, no matter what race/ethnicity are hardwired to size up situations instantly. You have to. Your life may depend on it. I can tell a kid who is a gangbanger from a school kid instantly. They dress somewhat similar. Any cop on the beat for 6 months can tell. They can size up people instantly as well because thats their job. Cops interact with far more criminals than I ever did. Its their job. They know my friends and I aren't going to do anything, so why? Its a power thing. They do because they can. Simply as that. Lotsa of these guys want to work the inner city. How many jobs where you can go to the worst areas and stop and make any one , the toughest guy, do what you tell him to? Its a massive ego boost. I went to a church once with 3 cops, I've mentioned before. They told us there are cops who are on an ego trip and to be careful. Yes, some of it is racism. Not all, but some love the fact they can dominate guys who look like they could be in the NBA or NFL. I have seen cops stop by our basketball court in Norht Philly and just tell the biggest guys to come over and make them kneel wtih their hands behind their backs just to show everyone they can. It took me years not to hate cops. I saw too many things. I used to speak in a very even, moderate voice, using standard english and it made them wary of me. I was often asked if I was a lawyer. 'Officer, with all due respect, I've complied with all the legal demands of me. With all due respect, my occupation is not pertinent.'. I wanted them to think I may be, just for my own self preservation. You have no idea what its like, trust me on that. The cops you see beat someone down on a video do it all the time. Its not a one time thing, they just happened to be caught. My mom told us later the reason why she was adamant we speak respectfully was she saw a cop who was parked near a stop sign on our street and neighbors said cars were running the stop sign while kids were playing. She saw him pull someone over who ran the stop sign, no questions, just billy clubbed him a couple times.

Philly had one of the highest incidents of police brutality as a kid. But meeting guys from other cities...Chicago...Detroit...Houston...Boston...I found it happened everywhere.

There are some really great cops. I'm not saying all but there are too many of the bad ones. And they protect each other. The blue shield is real.

Steve, actually in Kansas, you can either go college football or basketball (including the Shockers in the basketball discussion). Speaking of football, I believe that there is a Thursday night game between KSU and Auburn. I think that KSU has wanted to play Auburn since Cam Newton chose the Tigers over the Wildcats (and the perceived notion that Auburn offered Newton or his father something that violated NCAA rules).

Haha..most definitely Kansas is a huge basketball state. Indiana is the same. War Damn Eagle. I actually like K State for a while. I like underdogs. They had some great seasons a while back and I was happyto see that. Wichita State have fielded some great b-ball teams.

In the mid 1980s I worked with a man whose wife was a UN employee. He told me they'd come to Thailand from Kenya, where he had seen what was known as the "wasting disease". Healthy young Kenyan men would suddenly start wasting away and eventually die. He claimed it was the same as what became known as AIDs. But these were not gay men, most were heterosexuals. One supposed origin of AIDs is that it was brought to the western hemisphere by Black Cubans sent by Castro to fight in Angola. From them it spread to the Caribbean, where gay Americans picked it up from West Indian male prostitutes. That makes more sense to me than any conspiracy theories.

West Indian male prostitutes? lol...Its one of the most homophobic regions. Before the '80s? I'm not buying it. The rapidity of the spreading, blood supplies, etc. had that been a disease that was around for a while, it would have spread much more rapidly and been known. it popped up out of nowhere. lol...the government is behind this. They were experimenting. The government were injecting healthy american men with syphillis for decades and that didn't end till the '70s and thats confirmed.

Cop Who Killed 3 People and Shot Innocent Man, “Re-Instated†After Being Fired

Rob Roche is the epitome of everything that is wrong with police in America.

Seconds after an Oakland Police Officer shattered Scott Olsen’s skull with a lead-filled munition, Officer Robert Roche threw an explosive teargas grenade at persons who were attempting to come to Olsen’s aid as he lay critically injured on the ground in clear view of the police. Roche was fired, but on July 30, an arbitrator overturned the termination and reinstated him with full back pay.

Officer Roche is known as a three time killer who has cost the Oakland taxpayers almost $6 million in civil settlements to date. Roche’s helmet number is visible in TV news video of this incident, and there is no dispute that he threw the CS Blast that scattered the good samaritans and burned Olsen’s shoulder. Olsen, unconscious and bleeding from the head, was clearly visible by Roche and numerous other nearby officers before concerned people rushedto his aid and were bombed.

Sadly, the arbitrator’s decision is not unexpected. In twelve out of the last fifteen personnel arbitrations in which OPD officers challenged their terminations, the officers were successful in getting their jobs back. It is meaningless for Oakland officials to profess support for reform of OPD if the City Attorney is unable to make personnel discipline stick – even in an egregious case like this one, where the officer’s wanton act of violence was captured on video and shared around the world.

The problem goes beyond particular rank and file officers. The arbitrator’s decision was apparently based in part on the fact that Roche had been ordered to deploy gas by then-Captain Paul Figueroa. At the same time, Figueroa authorized the use of “beanbag†impact munitions, on persons who might attempt to throw the teargas devices back at the police. It was inevitable that Scott Olsen and others would be seriously injured or killed, yet Figueroa was not disciplined and has since been promoted to Assistant Chief. This is one reason that attempts at police discipline consistently fail in Oakland: commanders are never made to take responsibility.

The OPD’s Crowd Control Policy, adopted as part of a federal court order in settlement of earlier litigation, prohibits officers from deploying the CS Blast grenades or the impact munitions into a crowd. Yet, that is exactly what was done on October 25, 2011, and that is still OPD’s practice, despite the serious brain injury to Scott Olsen which led to a $4.5 million settlement. Scott Olsen, his attorneys, and the National Lawyers Guild and ACLU are demanding that Chief Whent comply with the Crowd Control Policy and ban these weapons for crowd control.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-killed-3-people-shot-innocent-man-re-instated-fired/

p.s. My mother's father was a policeman. I grew up around police, but what I see now is not at all what I saw back in the 1950s.

I've always been polite to cops and always show respect (for the law, not necessarily for the cop). I've never been insulted, done over, spent a second in apprehension or in jail. Never. I've lived in nine states across the continent. California to New York, Louisiana to Indiana. I've never had a problem with cops. I've received about three speeding tickets in my life and maybe five parking tickets. That's it. I've nothing but good things to say about policemen in the USA. They've always been helpful and understanding when I needed assistance or directions. I've noticed a lot of people have a problem with authority figures. They're usually the ones having a rough go of it. Oh well.

In February 1999 a group of researchers from the University of Alabama 2 announced that they had found a type of SIVcpz that was almost identical to HIV-1. This particular strain was identified in a frozen sample taken from a captive member of the sub-group of chimpanzees known as Pan troglodytes troglodytes ( P. t. troglodytes), which were once common in west-central Africa.

The researchers (led by Paul Sharp of Nottingham University and Beatrice Hahn of the University of Alabama) made the discovery during the course of a 10-year long study into the origins of the virus. They claimed that this sample proved that chimpanzees were the source of HIV-1, and that the virus had at some point crossed species from chimps to humans.

Their final findings were published two years later in Nature magazine 3. In this article, they concluded that wild chimps had been infected simultaneously with two different simian immunodeficiency viruses which had "viral sex" to form a third virus that could be passed on to other chimps and, more significantly, was capable of infecting humans and causing AIDS.

These two different viruses were traced back to a SIV that infected red-capped mangabeys and one found in greater spot-nosed monkeys. They believe that the hybridisation took place inside chimps that had become infected with both strains of SIV after they hunted and killed the two smaller species of monkey.

They also concluded that all three 'groups' of HIV-1 - namely Group M, N and O (see our strains and subtypes page for more information on these) - came from the SIV found in P. t. troglodytes, and that each group represented a separate crossover 'event' from chimps to humans.

http://www.avert.org/origin-hiv-aids.htm

"I've nothing but good things to say about policemen in the USA."

Perhaps you are but I think if you were black or brown you might view the situation differently

Chocolate Steve what do you think??

I really need to get a pair of rose colored glasses life is so much easier.

I've always been polite to cops and always show respect (for the law, not necessarily for the cop). I've never been insulted, done over, spent a second in apprehension or in jail. Never. I've lived in nine states across the continent. California to New York, Louisiana to Indiana. I've never had a problem with cops. I've received about three speeding tickets in my life and maybe five parking tickets. That's it. I've nothing but good things to say about policemen in the USA. They've always been helpful and understanding when I needed assistance or directions. I've noticed a lot of people have a problem with authority figures. They're usually the ones having a rough go of it. Oh well.

..and that proves what? That some white males don't get the same treatment? Duh....lol. My personal experiences and that of friends and family trumps it. There is a whole body of evidence on youtube that trumps it and those videos are for a variety of people. There's videos of NYC cops, doing stop and frisk on kids carrying school books walking to campus..multiple times. They are stopping the same kid...lol...why? Because by decree they have a quota of how many people to stop.

Let me ask you a question KK, was there ever a time cops would target certain races arbitrarily? And you'd seem dishonest if you said pre civil rights they didn't, right? Let me the date when those cops stopped targetting? I'd like to know. You can ask my dad who was around pre and post civil rights, church deacon, wouldn't break the law, even jaywalking. The most honest man I know. I've seen how he speaks to folks, hes' a baptist deacon, he respects everyone. Cops have always stopped him walking or driving.

What I can't emphasize enough to everyone is that its no longer certain people, its everyone. Just youtube any random group you'd dismiss as ever facing police abuse/harassment and there is a video of it. Cops are under pressure for arrests, citations, etc. Its a tax on the people. The ticket monies goes into the general fund of most muncipalities. Cities and states are broke. They can't raise taxes much anymore so they fee us to death. They raise parking meter fees constantly, its a tax. They don't give warnings anymore about your break light being out, they write the ticket. So, its a stretch to think they don't instigate with people they stop? I posted an article on here about private prisons. Crime rates are dropping and the states have to pay for the beds/cells that aren't filled, so they have to arrest people or lose millions.

http://rollingout.com/political-scandals/what-private-prisons-suing-states-for-millions-if-they-dont-stay-full/

http://www.cpt12.org/news/index.php/colorado-paying-millions-for-unneeded-private-prisons/

• Like 1

THANK-YOU

Quite frankly I agree with CS 100%.

I personally observe that its everyone who can and will be targeted FOR WHATEVER PADS THE BOTTOM LINE

I got a 150$ ticket in San Diego for JAYWALKING with not car in sight ( cop was on a motorcycle and just came around the corner

as I stepped onto the curb)

With the above in mind I observe that citizens of color have it the worst.

Khun Kung you are lining up for that most COVETED award:

MOST ANNOYING NEW POSTER OF THE YEAR :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

MOST ANNOYING NEW POSTER OF THE YEAR

Because my experience is different than yours? How much longer do we have to listen to minorities crying about unfair laws?

Policemen the world over exist to enforce laws made by others. In civilized countries, police do not have the latitude to create laws or to apply creative interpretations of laws. The courts will punish that sort of recklessness. My experience is that police in the US are friendly and firm. If you break the law, expect to pay the penalty. There is no provision in jaywalking laws that suggests it's OK if no cars are around. I've seen many people adopt an immediate and absolute confrontational attitude toward police. These are always the mouthy types resisting orders and getting tazed or worse. Their immediate reaction is to flop around and play the victim. Shameless and transparent -- much like the poor "victim" belting her daughter across the face causing the real victim (the 12-year-old daughter) to scream and alert neighbors who called the police. It's funny how the perpetrator so often becomes the "victim." Where is the sympathy for the victim? It's lost in the sad, see-through ruse emboldened by the empty rhetoric of other perpetual "victims." Nobody gives a crap about the abused child when there's a chance to twist the scenario of a cop doing his job as another racial injustice. Yawn.

American cops do a good job. They should be thanked for plunging crime rates nationwide, not castigated for fabricated injustices.