Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Sorry I can't help myself. I'm attracted to watching train wrecks 😋

Guess who?

"Guys like me were 'in what we call the reality-based community', which is defined by people who 'believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality' … 'That's not the way the world really works anymore,' he continued. 'We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality — judiciously, as you will — we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors …and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do'."

• 2 weeks later...

Trump ordered to pay $83m in damages in defamation trial

Former President Donald Trump has been ordered to pay $83.3 million in damages to writer E. Jean Carroll for defaming her after she accused him of sexual assault, a jury ruled Friday, ending years of litigation as Carroll has sought retribution for the former president’s attacks on her—and adding to the $5 million Trump has already been ordered to pay her.

Source

$83 million 😳

That's nothing considering his value as a "Brand" :rotl:

The guy is a lunatic and if he gets re-elected like is being predicted my opinion on the Amerikan people will be they are a country full of Simple Jacks

Simple Jack (2008) Fan Casting on myCast

London — A judge in London on Thursday threw out a lawsuit by former U.S. President Donald Trump accusing a former British spy of making "shocking and scandalous claims" that were false and harmed his reputation. Judge Karen Steyn said there were "no compelling reasons" to let the case Trump filed against Orbis Business go to trial. 

The company was founded by Christopher Steele, who created a dossier in 2016 that contained rumors and uncorroborated allegations that caused a political storm just before Trump's inauguration.

Steele, who once ran the Russia desk for Britain's Secret Intelligence Service, also known as MI6, was paid by Democrats to compile research that included salacious allegations that Russians could potentially use to blackmail Trump. 

CBS News correspondent Imtiaz Tyab said the court was told during a hearing in late 2023 that Trump was bringing his case over two memos in the dossier, which claimed he had taken part in "sex parties" in St. Petersburg, Russia, and engaged in "golden showers" with prostitutes in Moscow. 

Trump called the dossier "fake news" and a political witch hunt, and in his legal filings he accused Steele of making false claims and sought unspecified damages from Orbis for allegedly violating British data protection laws. 

Orbis always maintained that it was not responsible for the publication of the dossier, which was leaked to a U.S. media outlet, and it sought the case's dismissal. It argued that neither the company nor Steele had approved or been aware of the leak of the document. It also said the case had been filed too late. 

In 2022, the U.S. Federal Election Commission fined former candidate Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign $8,000, and the Democratic National Committee $105,000, for obscuring their funding of the dossier. The campaign had mislabeled Steele's work as "legal services" and "legal and compliance consulting" in campaign filings, the FEC concluded. 

The bipartisan election commission dismissed a complaint against Steele himself.

Source

• Haha 1

I listened to a good summary of Alina Habba's handling of the trial.

Trump now says he’s Interviewing Attorneys For E. Jean Carroll Appeal. What he seems to have missed is she did not raise an objection to a single piece of evidence throughout the trial to give any grounds for an appeal :applause:

• Thanks 1

"Former President Donald Trump said Sunday he would consider imposing a tariff upward of 60% on all Chinese imports if he regains the presidency. "

Oh yes, which would his redneck followers community make paying happily a probably 40 % ? surcharge on anything that Walmart and friends have on offer. 2 years ago I though this idiot would never make it again but if the Amellica people want it like that: up to them. Oh Holy Lord.

Correction: Donald confirmed in the meantime it would be more than 60%

Bubi, Thursday, U.S time, will either put our collective minds to rest, or worry us mightily :

LIVE: Supreme Court hears case to decide if Trump is eligible to run for president.

The event is scheduled to start at 10 a.m. ET on Thursday, Feb. 8.

go to this LINK