Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

On 2/6/2024 at 4:23 AM, Coss said:

Bubi, Thursday, U.S time, will either put our collective minds to rest, or worry us mightily :

LIVE: Supreme Court hears case to decide if Trump is eligible to run for president.

The event is scheduled to start at 10 a.m. ET on Thursday, Feb. 8.

go to this LINK

Sir,

if Donald would be told to fuck off, only a Federal Court with a conservative majority would be able to say so. A "democrat" ruling would lead the USA into the second civil war I guess. My prayers are with the court tonight, although a decision would take some more time. Maybe their kind of questions would give some idea where they are drifting. May the Lord give them wisdom.

I suppose it is worth noting, that ever since the Civil War, the "Conservatives" have been trying to regain their long lost status (interpret as you wish) and wealth.

I am sure there are folk in Germany and Austria who think that there will be a 4th Reich or at least a Reich 3.1.

In the USA the Conservatives have a fighting chance, to achieve their goals, in their misplaced trust of the Drumpf.

Mind you they'd give the public Kanye West, if they could get enough votes.

Their view is that the person of Dictator doesn't matter, so long as his/her craving is sufficient to allow the wheels of power to be steered by the right (Conservative) people...

7 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

My prayers are with the court tonight

Yes me too

According to what we get to know from inside there seems to be a tendency to rule in favour of Donald and after having studied the mutual arguments there might indeed be reasons to support the Trump-camp although it makes me vomit if I look again at his yellow face. This is after all a process to identify what the law says and not a political decision. Please note my words are full of wisdom as usual.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

a process to identify what the law says and not a political decision. Please note my words are full of wisdom as usual.

Indeedy

As Justice Roberts notes, if State level courts could deny people running for office, then you've got one group of states denying Democrats, another group denying GOP and further groups, denying black, white, men, women, they, jews, muslims, catholics, etc etc ....

How ever, the insurrectionist part has not been addressed.

Donald Trump ‘Did Nothing’ on Music Modernization Act, Key Attorney Behind Legislation Says, Despite His Claim That He Made Taylor Swift ‘So Much Money’

A rep for Swift did not immediately respond to Variety‘s request for comment. However, Dina LaPolt, a key attorney behind the MMA, disputed Trump’s claims in a statement to Variety on Sunday.

“This [claim] is funny to me,” she wrote. “Trump did nothing on our legislation except sign it, and doesn’t even know what the Music Modernization Act does. Someone should ask him what the bill actually accomplished.”

Link

What an idiot 🙄

NATO chief says Donald Trump puts US troops, allies at risk by saying Russia can 'do whatever the hell they want' with them

Posted 9h ago9 hours ago, updated 8h ago8 hours ago

6283d48502f9f415c4c812f3c8c426e0?impolic
Donald Trump encourages Russia to attack NATO members who fail to contribute.
  • In short: Donald Trump's suggestion the US should not protect NATO allies failing to spend on defence "undermines all of our security," the military alliance's chief says.
  • European officials have also criticised the remarks, saying the US election campaign is no excuse to play with the security of NATO members.
  • What's next? Mr Trump is in the lead to secure the Republican nomination in the US 2024 presidential election.

The head of NATO has warned that Donald Trump is putting the lives of US troops and their allies at risk by saying Russia should do "whatever the hell they want" to members of the military alliance who don't spend enough on defence.

Mr Trump is the Republican front-runner in the 2024 US presidential election.

"Any suggestion that allies will not defend each other undermines all of our security, including that of the US, and puts American and European soldiers at increased risk," NATO secretary-general Jens Stoltenberg said in a statement.

"Any attack on NATO will be met with a united and forceful response."

0e543752fb16cc29108adf532bb9c8cb?impolic

Donald Trump made the comments during a wide-ranging speech in South Carolina.

Speaking at a rally in South Carolina on Saturday, Mr Trump recalled how he previously told an unidentified NATO member that he would "encourage" Russia to do as it wishes in cases of NATO allies who are "delinquent".

"'You didn't pay? You're delinquent?'" Mr Trump recounted saying.

"'No I would not protect you. In fact I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You gotta pay. You gotta pay your bills."

White House spokesperson Andrew Bates responded, calling Mr Trump's latest comments "unhinged".

"Encouraging invasions of our closest allies by murderous regimes is appalling and unhinged — and it endangers American national security, global stability, and our economy at home," he said.

US President Joe Biden also commented in a statement.

"If my opponent, Donald Trump, is able to regain power, he is making it clear as day that he will abandon our NATO allies if Russia attacks," he said.

"[His] admission that he intends to give Putin a green-light for more war and violence, to continue his brutal assault against a free Ukraine, and to expand his aggression to the people of Poland and the Baltic states are appalling and dangerous."

European officials criticise Trump's comments

EU Internal Market Commissioner Thierry Breton was asked in an LCI television interview about Mr Trump's remarks on Saturday.

"We cannot flip a coin about our security every four years depending on this or that election, namely the US presidential election," he said, adding EU leaders understood the bloc needed to boost its military spending and capacities.

Mr Trump's remarks also caused deep concern in Poland, which has been under Russian control before, and where anxieties are high over Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

"We have a hot war at our border," Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk said, voicing concerns about whether the US will show "full solidarity with other NATO countries in this confrontation that promises to last for a long time with Russia".

"We must realise that the EU cannot be an economic and civilisational giant and a dwarf when it comes to defence, because the world has changed," he argued in a town hall speech marking the start of his party's campaign for local elections.

Polish Defence Minister Wladyslaw Kosiniak-Kamysz also weighed in.

"NATO's motto 'one for all, all for one' is a concrete commitment. Undermining the credibility of allied countries means weakening the entire NATO," he wrote on social media platform X.

"No election campaign is an excuse for playing with the security of the Alliance."

In 2014, NATO allies pledged to move toward spending 2 per cent of GDP on defence by 2024.

According to NATO estimates in early 2023, 10 of its 30 member states at the time were close to or above the 2 per cent mark, while 13 were spending 1.5 per cent or less.

No country is in debt to any other, or to NATO.

Under NATO's mutual defence clause, Article 5 of its founding treaty, all allies commit to help any member who comes under attack.

The article has only ever been activated once — by the US in the wake of the September 11 terrorist attacks in 2001.

AP/Reuters