Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

11 hours ago, dean said:

Unfortunately, what the U.S. has that other countries don’t have is the Second Amendment.

"AMENDMENT" The process of altering or amending a law or document.

Right to Bear Arms was adopted from the British Bill of Rights.....Thanks England.

Although I haven't really studied the American Constitution I was under the belief that it was widely embraced during the Civil War. So given the current political climate in Amerika could become relevant once more 😃

41 minutes ago, bust said:

"AMENDMENT" The process of altering or amending a law or document.

Right to Bear Arms was adopted from the British Bill of Rights.....Thanks England.

Although I haven't really studied the American Constitution I was under the belief that it was widely embraced during the Civil War. So given the current political climate in Amerika could become relevant once more 😃

Incorrect the 1688 UK Bill of Rights states.

Subjects’ Arms.

That the Subjects which are Protestants may have Arms for their Defence suitable to their Conditions and as allowed by Law

This differs from the Second amendment in 2 ways

1. Suitable to their Condition
  2. As allowed by Law

So a Flintlock Pistol would be “Suitable” but an AR wouldn’t, and the allowed by law clause allowed the tightening of gun control post Dunblane without infringement of the Bill of Rights.

UK Bill of Rights

The Americans, for reasons only know to themselves, removed this caveat when they wrote the Second and make a stick for their own back.

I know you harbour anti-British sentiments, but try and get your facts right before blaming the British 😀

9 minutes ago, Mekong said:

I know you harbour anti-British sentiments, but try and get your facts right before blaming the British 😀

Which is why I used the term "adopted" meaning they introduced it in their own version.

Like I said not big on the study of the Constitution or for that matter the UK Bill of Rights 😋

But I may look into them

Yuki Mogami mamiya hot gravure model naked nude japan body sexy

It was the sarcastic “Thanks England” remark that made it appear that you blamed Britain for the USA playing cowboys and Indians 

Adopted means choose to take up, follow, or use, the word you were looking for was Adapted which is make (something) suitable for a new use or purpose; modify.

America Adapted British Bill of Rights they did not Adopt it, two words with completely different meanings.

4 hours ago, bust said:

Still blame the UK :cover:

The USA adapted the British Bill of Rights and leaves out the most important caveat about requirements and laws, yet somehow it is the fault of the British.

Only an Ozzy will full blown Anglophobia could come to that conclusion 🤪

14 hours ago, Mekong said:

Incorrect the 1688 UK Bill of Rights states.

Subjects’ Arms.

That the Subjects which are Protestants may have Arms for their Defence suitable to their Conditions and as allowed by Law

This differs from the Second amendment in 2 ways

1. Suitable to their Condition
  2. As allowed by Law

So a Flintlock Pistol would be “Suitable” but an AR wouldn’t, and the allowed by law clause allowed the tightening of gun control post Dunblane without infringement of the Bill of Rights.

UK Bill of Rights

The Americans, for reasons only know to themselves, removed this caveat when they wrote the Second and make a stick for their own back.

FDR was unable to ban all guns “…except hunting rifles and hunting shotguns…”: mainly because of similar logic. That being, what was standard issue to the military during that time frame. Automatic weapons and explosives were not, at that time, standard issue to the military. Semi Automatic weapons and hand guns were. Thus, the logic that was drawn from the Original time the amendment was written, was applied 170+ years later. *IF* we were to apply the same logic today, as some want, then automatic weapons would be allowed for “free/open sale” once again. Same would/could be applied to explosives.

But back to the issue of “…guns don’t kill, people kill…” this is true…usually or sometimes anyway, it is a person killing with a gun they never should have had access to. *IF* I were to have a medical condition or mental impairment that would make driving a car dangerous to myself or others, my doctor is legally obligated to notify the DMV (Dept. of Motor vehicles) that I am not fit to drive. Yet *IF* a person is deemed mentally incompetent or violent, the doctor cannot notify the Justice department or law enforcement that that person cannot own/buy a gun. You see, that person has “rights…” Now should that person use their right, buy an assault weapon, large magazines and lots of ammo, and then shoot me or another American, I might have a serious problem if I don’t have any medical insurance. You see, medical care is a privilege (like driving a car) but owning a gun is a right. Sadly, this makes perfect sense to certain people in the USA and they are organized and they vote…

I own guns for hunting and competitive shooting and home defense. The only time I needed a military grade weapon was when I was in the military, fighting a war. 

58 minutes ago, Old Hippie said:

*IF* I were to have a medical condition or mental impairment that would make driving a car dangerous to myself or others, my doctor is legally obligated to notify the DMV (Dept. of Motor vehicles) that I am not fit to drive. Yet *IF* a person is deemed mentally incompetent or violent, the doctor cannot notify the Justice department or law enforcement that that person cannot own/buy a gun. You see, that person has “rights…”

Similarly *IF* one has brain surgery, specifically anything inside the skull, that touches the brain, NZ Doctors are required to inform the Patient-  no driving - 6 months. They don't seem to have any requirement to inform the Law.

Though after my surgery, no one said a thing. I was watching for it. Nothing. 

On the other hand getting a gun license here, is a really big rigmarole, so much so, I haven't wanted one. Or a gun.

A compound bow, on the other hand, can be got, so long as you only ever use it an a law abiding manner, as with a baseball bat or a crow bar.

On 10/31/2021 at 8:57 AM, Coss said:

...my thoughts as posted some time ago, that I wouldn't be surprised, if the entire Trump clan, becomes destitute when this Russia thing 'properly' hits the fan...

Whilst the destitution is gathering steam, LINK ,

the Russian thing is building, a little more slowly, but building never the less...

13 hours ago, Mekong said:

The USA adapted the British Bill of Rights and leaves out the most important caveat about requirements and laws, yet somehow it is the fault of the British.

Only an Ozzy will full blown Anglophobia could come to that conclusion 🤪

Blame Piers Morgan for that 5555

• Haha 1