Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Dueling Ferguson funds: Donations near $700,000

Two sites supporting Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson have taken in nearly $410,000 from some 10,000 contributors.

The Michael Brown Memorial Fund stands at $280,000 from more than 9,300 people.

LINK

I still have a residence in USA due to some circumstances "beyond my control" from a decade or so ago :hubbahubba::grinyes:

()It turned out to e wonderful BUT I a getting more nervous in the USA all of the time

I could sell the RE and bail 100% to LOS -It would be a lotta work but

SERIOUSLY getting the heebie jeebies ... :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead:dunno:

There isn't much press about it but they had to close the comment section I read at one time of the Darrell WIlson site because of why they were giving. A fair amount of comments was to to make it okay to shoot people like Brown. Some sick stuff. They have the right to give, both sides do. Both should have money for what they truly believe is for justice. You can differ on either side with justice and fairness the ultimate goal. Giving to reward an action for the taking of a life very scary.

Anyway, I'm not living in America now but frankly, have no desire to other than visiting. I hate saying that but I look at it from the outside in and its crumbling economically, physicaly, morally, politically, etc. Two great events happened the last decade that would normally be a diretional change for any nation but has ended up making life worse. 911 and the near financial collapse in 2008.

9/11 should have gotten the country together, old differences sorted out and everyone realize we are all Americans. Instead it ushered in two wars, one of which was contrived. It ushered in domestic spying and making Americans the enemy. It ushered in a police state and a militarized one at that. The 2008 financial crisis should have gotten everyone together to work on a solution to make us economically strong and viable. A plan of action, a coming together of both parties. Instead it ushered in the era of the tea party. We have gotten more distant politically. Stagnant, while the rest of world watches and starts looking away from America for any kind of moral compass, leadership, etc.

We had a grand opportunity after 911. Global sympathy and in a short time became hated as we have in no other time in recent memory. An opportunity squandered and lost. The news in Ferguson is global. The world is watching and they don't like what they see. I'm asked about it a lot as other videos surface in other areas, on abuse for all manner of people. I mentioned it before. Youtube or google police abuse/brutality with just about any segment of America and its scary. Minorities I think the get the worst of it but it can happen to anyone, any race, any gender, any group.

I don't see any sign things will change. Its scary, sad and depressing.

The "militarization" of the police is a disgrace.

Thank you, George Bush.

My home base - a little rural hick town in hill and mountain country - has a population of about 4,000 - but has a large square mile area. We have 12 full time police officers. Each police car has a fully automatic M-16 - gift of the federal government.

This town has a police dog - gift of the federal government. The dog - was obtained from the Czech Republic. The dedicated police officer had to travel to the Czech Republic to learn the Czech language - so that commands can be given to the dog in the dog's native language. A dedicated police car had to be purchased - for the dog. All thanks to free Homeland Security grants.

The dog has been used once in town for a routine "sniffing" of the high school lockers. Nothing was found. None of the students cars were "sniffed" - some sort of legal obstacle for that. Here more then half the students drive to school - the higher grades.

All is a total disgrace and a complete waste of federal tax dollars. Welfare - to municipalities. But few seem to complain about this type of welfare. The dog, the dog car, the military M-16's.

Then this little hick town decided to get together with the surrounding hick towns - there is no major city nearby - to form a "Regional SWAT Team". The state police has their own SWAT Team.

The last time this regional SWAT team was used was to invade a home at 02:00 AM in a neighboring town looking for a guy who was wanted for some infraction. The guy in question did not live in the house the SWAT Team invaded.

There was a shooting in the woods outside this invaded home in the woods. One police officer shot another police officer by "mistake". The person that the police were seeking was not at the home in question.

This regional SWAT Team busted down the doors, forced the children to the floor face down and handcuffed all. Mother, father, teenage girl, and young boy - all face down and handcuffed.

The police left with nothing - except one injured/shot police officer.

A total disgrace.

• Like 1

There it is a first hand account of the militarization of the police forces by Unit.

YES A COMPLETE AND TOTAL DISGRACE-

and the complacent US public watches...

Ultimately its the fault of the collective. We have the vote....for now. Its said, you get the government you deserve. I am NOT saying to go back to this but originally only the landed gentry could vote. You had to be a landowner. The theory was that those that owned land had a vested interest in the success of the whole. Those who didn't, may not care. The property owners had something to fight for. They had a reason to fight tyranny because that tyranny could take away their possessions. Also, they were the educatedd class, etiher by private tutor as the rich of that day were educated by or at the fledging universities and colleges the growing middle class used. The landed could read and write and discern what was true and what was propaganda. Illiteracy was common at our founding. Uneducated men could easily be swayed by well articulated lies. They could not verify such lies from books.

Today we have a scary segment of America who believe what the 6 companies who control well over 80% of all media in America: movies, newspapers, radio, television. They form opinions based on someone else's opinion.