How much - for one year in LOS?

dave32

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

lol, i was joking you doofus!....actally, cambridge has an unbelievable amount of varied tourist and student totty, especially in the summer......aswell as thousands of foreign language student coming from all over the world (many from latin lands), you'd be suprised......not that this chump harvests the crop so to speak......btw, i've been to peru....its munchkin land, most women are no taller than 5 feet!

• 3 weeks later...

This question is asked repeatedly on Ajarn, and its a tough one. My old OC when I was in the Army once intoned that 'a poor student is a good student', and I later realised what he meant, but University can be a real grind if you have to count every coin in your pocket each and every day. I've experienced both extremes - blew 20K in a 24-hour period on my first long stay in Thailand and subsequently lived on less than 300 baht a day for much of my last sojourn - and I would do it all differently if I had my time over. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

Reading these threads makes me wary about similar threads on the cost of living in Vietnam. In any case, it comes down to how you plan to fill your days - I dont know anyone who can work/study for 90% of their waking hours (ok, one or two Singaporeans, but thats it ..) - sooner or later you will have some downtime and that is where the best laid plans can quickly turn to mush. Good luck.

- and I would do it all differently if I had my time over. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

sure? I've done some massively stupid things in LOS, but very much doubt I'd do anything different given my time again. Even one of my first indescretions on Samui... I thought she was a girl I really did.. was still fun.

OK, Red - you may have a point, but I like to tell myself that I would make those mistakes with a different cast of villains. I like to tell myself that if my first experience of Thailand had been Chiang Mai instead of Pattaya, it might all have been different, but I'm sure that plenty of board members have gotten themselves into trouble up north.

Archived