How much - for one year in LOS?

dave32

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flash still remembers what it was like before we discovered how to make fire. 50 baht went a long way in those days. :)

Seriously: moo, cav, munch, lifeline, coss, mekong, and of course flash -- thanks for input.

Not doubting your estimates, I've overspent my budget every time I came to LOS. But also, after 3 weeks I'm Sanook'd out and winding down significantly --> looking for a little peace. Somewhat different than the piece I was looking for prior. :)

Ummm. Live fairly Spartan now and put half of every check into savings -- in LA I can make it on 100k baht per month and be happy. Granted, I don't impress some of the label whores in the city with my small apartment and Honda Civic, but hey. I do alright.

Anyway, that was good diverse input and exactly what I was looking for. Going to compromise and shoot to have enough for 120k per month for the year. If it gets crazy, fuck it, will cut the year short.

Lifeline -- appreciate your advice on getting out of the city. I just get the impression I know BKK very very little, eg., about 2%. It'll take awhile to really experience it. And I want to. Will leave options open though.

Anyway. Project I'm on now ends Jan/2012. Within 3 months of that plus or minus I'll be in BKK to implement plan "get the fuck out of LA and experience something different, you sorry pathetic wanker" into effect. :)

Might be there sooner.

Nobody gives a shit but me, but remember this post. Cause I ain't bullshitting.

Gentlemen. Adieu.

The reason you antipodians call it XXXX is because you cannot spell beer!

Dave

You should be OK on a budget of 120K / Month as long as you can actually control yourself, I think we have all gone through the "Lil Kid in a Candy Store" syndrome in Bangkok before now.

For a decent apartment with Broadband Internet close to BTS / MTR you are looking at 20-25K / Month so that leaves you 100K for Sanuk / Travel. Plan well, stay in budget and enjoy!

Thanks God. Would be happy to tip back a Tooheys or VB (can you pick those up there?) with you guys on a sweltering BKK evening. First round on me.

LOL. Be careful of what you wish for Dave. Quite a few of us have as a hobby corrupting new expats...

PS -- a mate brought over some Crown Lager to Chez Lizz the other week. Yummy. But I think he got them at the embassy PX so unavailable to us mere mortals :( .

Archived