RIP - my New Year's Resolution

lifeline

I like to take off and visit sites I haven't seen for awhile or never saw.

Last Sunday while here in Arizina I went to the remains of an old Spainish fort (1775-1780) then according to an old map I had, found the foundation of an old Spainish mission (about 1740) that was just due south of where the Church was at the fort. The site of the mission was one of the best sites I have seen in Arizona. It was a bluff overlooking the winding San Pedro River. From there I went to Contention City (ghost town today) and did a little bit of exploring. In all, I spent about 6 hours hiking and only stopped a few times to take a piss. To me, that was a good day.

Well I didn't make any resolutions, but I went fishing to get rid of the hangover.

Took a mate's boat and two other chaps and headed out into the Hauraki Gulf. In November we'd god some vey good fishing, but this time only two Trevalley and about 40 Koheru (yellow tail Mackeral).

What's this got to do with resolutions?

Well I present an image, a twenty two foot alloy boat, twin 75 horse outboards doing 24 knots up Auckland Harbour, about 200 metres off the Devonport Naval Base.

And Rangi the Maori finds that he can no longer contain himself, so it's down trou and a great big shit over the side of the boat, much to the delight of a few sailors on one of the frigates.

Those little hose things for cleaning the arse? Try a harbour up the arse! Rangi looked a little wet for the experience, but was a clean as a whistle, or so he said.

Thereto I'd like to claim the prize for the reporting of the first outrageous act of the year.

Cheers

Coss

I also do not do resolutions, but mid-2010 started exercising again after a couple year break. The difference in life is remarkable--I have so much more energy and my mental attitude is so much better.

The problem is I don't particularly enjoy the exercise part (I run 30-45 minutes a day) so I'm worried I'll let it lapse. Hopefully I'm old enough now to realize that is not an option and going back to my old sluggish ways is bad. However, I won't be surprised if I do regress.

Archived