The sadness behind the smiles?

Lusty

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty deep coming from you Rust, don't tell me you've softened the past decade or so, good call though. Been too long, time we caught up for a drink.... or three...

You - get yer arse over here, young man. I have finally mastered Texas style barbecue (well, some aspects of it.) My brisket rocks and the seaside is near.

Beer.

texas BBQ?!?? Sounds awesome! I'm there.. Think the ex still has my passport... or it's expired.. Will try to get it sorted and head over this year sometime. Only hurdle is work.. Starting a 10 month "assignment" this month but should be able to get away for a few weeks sometime mid year I hope.

I think it is wisdom and age that slant my views. I have had more than my share of visits to LOS. The bars. The gals. The sights. The smells.

I don't drink nearly as much as my earlier trips. So I enter and leave most drinking establishments sober. I do see more this way. I see the eyes of the gals. Some appear happy with all. I do admire those gals. Some though do have a sadness in their eyes.

Money and culture may have placed them there. I do contribute money and I do contribute to the culture. For good or bad.

Where would these gals be if it wasn't for unkempt fat overaged balding smelly drooling mentally unstabled farangs?

Archived