Bangkok vs. Pattaya

jon46

Well the one advantage Pattaya has over Bangkok is that there are no protesting idiots ....

Just idiots (of the non protesting kind).

I prefer those Munchmaster ....

Just came back from comedy. We played at the Pacific City Club at a birthday party for a well connected Police General. (Former) Deputy Prime minister Suthep Thegsauban was the guest of honour. Had a good time and got a lot of interesting name cards and made some new "best friends" .... Had a ball joking with the "important" people whom all felt sorry for me about having to navigate Bangkok tomorrow .... they couldn't help me on that though .... damn and they told me they were my friends :(

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not replying to you, World Fun, you just happened to be the last post.

But, maybe... just maybe... this is why the board is nowhere near as populated and busy as it was in the past. :dunno:

A newish poster (102 posts) wants to get some information and opinions on Bangkok vs Pattaya.

Sure - there have been other posts on this topic, but things do change. To be honest, most topics come and go every so often and get repeated on the board somewhere).

Out of 35 or so replies, about 3 are directly replying to his post and providing some useful information.

The rest of it just degenerates into waffle about total shit that is useless to anyone.

Right. Rant over.

:rolleyes::susel::argue:

Not replying to you, World Fun, you just happened to be the last post.

But, maybe... just maybe... this is why the board is nowhere near as populated and busy as it was in the past. :dunno:

A newish poster (102 posts) wants to get some information and opinions on Bangkok vs Pattaya.

Sure - there have been other posts on this topic, but things do change. To be honest, most topics come and go every so often and get repeated on the board somewhere).

Out of 35 or so replies, about 3 are directly replying to his post and providing some useful information.

The rest of it just degenerates into waffle about total shit that is useless to anyone.

Right. Rant over.

:rolleyes::susel::argue:

Because this subject has been done to death and the result always is always the same. Some guys like Pattaya and hate Bangkok, some guys like Bangkok and hate Pattaya and some guys like both and some guys hate both. Come on board, search around for what you are curious about and if it's not found, ask questions. That is why the very 2nd post in this thread is a sleeper.

Perv, I get your point about re-hashing old stuff, but a lot of those posts are getting old now and things DO change.

If I do a search on some stuff and there are threads that are 2 or 3 years old, they're probably going to be out-of-date and containing a lot of information that could be wrong.

An updated thread occasionally does no harm as I seem it.

At any rate, my main point was that a newish board member comes on and asks a legimiate question (about any subject) and then 5% of the thread is in reply to his questions and is useful and 95% of it is completely unrelated.

As I said, I'm not surprised a lot of people have left this board, which is sad, as I know KS, Jigger et al put a lot of work into it, there are a lot of good blokes on here and a lot of good information too.

To be completely honest, if I want information on a place, bar or travelling in LOS there are about 5 other boards I would go to these days before this one. And they seem to be thriving.

Stricter mods too maybe? :dunno:

Just a few thoughts.

Jon46 has been a member since 2006, and God bless him and everyone that likes Pattaya better than Bangkok.

But this wasn't a thread to ask questions -- there's not a single question in the post. It's just making a lighthearted case that Pattaya is preferable to BKK.

Disagreeing with that though, gets some not-so-lighthearted reaction.

Perv, I get your point about re-hashing old stuff, but a lot of those posts are getting old now and things DO change.

If I do a search on some stuff and there are threads that are 2 or 3 years old, they're probably going to be out-of-date and containing a lot of information that could be wrong.

Which is exactly why they should go in existing threads so when you do a search, you have all the info old and new right there. You don't have to go to 25 different threads to see which is the newest info. Common sense, imo, but I'm an idiot.

Hi,

Moo Noi, I fully agree, but unfortunately have long ago given up already. Most of the people here do not want new blood I think, they are more comfortable just rehashing the same crap and going off topic with long moronic threads.

Stricter mods? Been tried, we get people whining we are too strict.

Nothing I seem to do makes a difference, which is why my attitude now is 'Fuck it!'.

Negative attitude, I know, but people here have been told time and time again to NOT treat every new person like a troll, but they don't give a fuck and continue to drive new posters away.

Sanuk!

Archived