Bangkok vs. Pattaya

jon46

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...Even though I started with posts like "my girl is different".."

9 years later, you are still doing it!! :):neener::neener::neener:

As I said, I and a few others did yell troll when we sensed it. Sometimes we were right, sometimes maybe not, but yes, we were wrong for doing so, and I shall refrain from doing so, no matter how obvious it is.

But in my our defense, some banned posters are so obvious when they return, it is hard not to see it. But, ok, let it gom and let them do what they will do.

As for an old boys club...yeah, many of us know each other quite well, this sort of thing happens on a lot of boards over time. Not sure it can or should be stopped.

I'm on my latest "my girl is different" and I haven't been to LOS for 2 years, you see, they can't escape the long arm of Coss.

'bout the board, it seems to be a valued source of entertainment for the lifers and me too, so sometimes the newbies feel out of place, bit like walking into a small town pub for the first time.

And some trolls are manufactured, and some trolls are 14 year old boys/girls or big fat hairies, but OH is rite let the trolls out themselves., more posts that way.

JMHO (just my hairy orifice) :)

Coss

"...Even though I started with posts like "my girl is different".."

9 years later, you are still doing it!! :):neener::neener::neener:

As I said, I and a few others did yell troll when we sensed it. Sometimes we were right, sometimes maybe not, but yes, we were wrong for doing so, and I shall refrain from doing so, no matter how obvious it is.

But in my our defense, some banned posters are so obvious when they return, it is hard not to see it. But, ok, let it gom and let them do what they will do.

As for an old boys club...yeah, many of us know each other quite well, this sort of thing happens on a lot of boards over time. Not sure it can or should be stopped.

Hmmm, I started posting under a different persona, OH, some 4 years ago when I got hammered for what I thought was a simple and non-controversial post.

I have not been outed as yet, in a non gay way.

Ironically, the boards mood has changed since the last 5 years and the nature of my old post hardly raises an eyebrow if someone touches on the same subject matter :beer:

Having just visited both areas,all I can say is there were many more tourists in the Pattaya girly areas than the Bangkok ones.

What with a strong Baht,those in the know won't be paying over the odds for their sanuck when it's 30-50% cheaper down the road.

Might be few more Mingers to wade through in Patters but generally the girls in Bangkok aren't any better looking than their Patters counterparts.

Very soon, punters will not have the excuse anymore that they go to Patty because of the beach...

Pattaya Beach could disappear in 5 years

Published: 24/01/2011 at 12:00 AM

226488.jpg

(I did not know that Patty beach looks so ugly :surprised: )

Sand erosion could cause Pattaya Beach to vanish in the next five years, a Chulalongkorn University researcher says.

The science faculty's head of disaster studies, Thanawat Jarupongsakul, has released a paper which shows erosion at the beach is now "critical".

The erosion is caused mainly by changes in wave patterns reducing deposits of sand on the beach and this is being exacerbated by increased beach use.

Pattaya Beach covered 96,000 square metres (about 60 rai) in 1952, with the distance to the water about 36 metres. The beach area had fallen to 50,500 square metres (31 rai) by 2002, with 18.7 metres to the shoreline.

"The latest survey found the beach width had dropped sharply to just four to five metres," Prof Thanawat said.

"Without serious action, Pattaya Beach will disappear within five years."

Prof Thanawat said Chulalongkorn University's Aquatic Resources Research Institute, its science faculty and the Marine Department of Transport Ministry had together prepared a plan to counter the erosion.

This involves 200,000 cubic metres of sand being filled along the 4.48 kilometres of the beach to expand its width to 30 metres.

BKK Post

I have been visiting Thailand, mostly Bangkok for more than 20 years and on my recent visit to Pattaya find it to be more agreeable in terms of price and GFE than Bangkok. All night with a young girl from a beer bar (most people suggests going there than go-go places) for 1,000 baht plus 300 bar fee and having a GFE was far better than say Thermae girls who stood pat at 2,000 baht for ST and weren't nearly as nice!

On the same token, the cheapest was women from

Bangkok's chinatown who can be had for 400 baht

plus 70 baht for a room. These women are from China and can be found sitting on steps of a building on one of the main roads to chinatown.

In the future, I think I will spend more time in Pattaya for the beach and for the nightlife than

BKK.

Sigh - just when this thread began to resemble some of the dingdong battles of old (when KS really did have his hands full banning (and re-banning..) various dropkicks), it got all civil again. Remember the good old days when board members would agree to meet in Wa. Square at midnight to sort things out 'mano et mano' ? Remember the Monday morning post mortems when each would accuse the other of not showing, claiming that the only other person at the agreed location was a fat katoey with a beard ?

Gentlemen, we really have gone soft. Fortunately for me, I started that way.

Archived