Bangkok vs. Pattaya

jon46

Hi,

Moo Noi, I fully agree, but unfortunately have long ago given up already. Most of the people here do not want new blood I think, they are more comfortable just rehashing the same crap and going off topic with long moronic threads.

Stricter mods? Been tried, we get people whining we are too strict.

Nothing I seem to do makes a difference, which is why my attitude now is 'Fuck it!'.

Negative attitude, I know, but people here have been told time and time again to NOT treat every new person like a troll, but they don't give a fuck and continue to drive new posters away.

Sanuk!

In this thread specifically, if you're referring to posts about a ferry between HH and Pattaya or pictures of fat guys on a beach or what kind of quail lives where, then I agree.

However, if your comment was directed at me, I was correcting Waerth when he said Pattaya has no protesters and then after that tried to make everyone understand that there are umpteen threads on this already and new info should go in existing threads to make a search easier.

If I'm a problem, I'll be happy to fold up my tent and make room for somebody else. I'm sure I will still wake up tomorrow morning.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading this stuff I feel inclined to be more involved and encourage my friends to check it out.

Definitely.

OH, enjoyed your thoughts, don't become boring like the majority. LK, you can be patronizing at times but you're impassioned and sharp and make good points, sorry never had that beer. Flash, I'll contact you when in BKK, thanks for everything. LP, Oz, HH, CS, best wishes. Chuck - go write another book, you don't have to be cynical ALL the time. :) Sure I'm forgetting ppl who showed some generosity. Oh yeah, USV, hope you're alright. Perv, you're kind of... lame. NG, never got a good bead on you but - like your style.

Alright, enough of that.

Without further ado, adios fuckers. Hopefully this won't be deleted. If so, well, hey. What are you gonna do?

:)

Dave32, you're not kind of......a motherfucker. All I did was point out a wrong and opin this thread should be added to an existing thread. Think I will fuck off from this place. Like KS, said, people dont follow rules and make new threads when there are loads of others about the exact same thing. Time to move on........

Hi,

Jezus, you make one post nagging and people start getting all serious.

As I said, I've long given up on trying to drive traffic to this board and made the decision to just let things flow as they will.

No need to go get all your panties in a bunch.

Sanuk!

PS Again, not directed at anyone in particular.

It's the weather, floods world-wide and men quibbling.

I for one, still enjoy memories of being fed quail eggs on Jomtiem Beach, which is one of Pattayas charms, a place to spend the daylight hours.

Bangkok on the other hand is very convenient, esp around Sukhumvit.

So you see, some of us like it both ways :)

Hi,

"It's the weather, floods world-wide and men quibbling."

I know, another perfect example of the problems one runs into when running a board :(

Contrary to what I may have sounded like, I DO care about this board - which is probably the problem. And because of that it annoys me so that things tend to get out of control.

I do NOT want people to leave, I want people to try and be a bit more tolerant of other posters.

Every time I make any kinds of comments though I inevitably piss people off. If I let everyone just flame/harass newbies, I drive away new blood. If I ask people to give them a break, the 'old posters' get annoyed because they 'know' that this new poster is a troll.

If I tighten the moderation, people complain - and leave - because I am too harsh. If I loosen the moderation, people complain - and leave - because there are too many arguments.

Etc etc etc

And that is why I am pissed. Because I DO care, but don't have any answers / solutions. And as a result that is why I have gotten a 'Fuck it!' attitude.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Sanuk!

Archived