Soongmak

khunsanuk

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it used by the North Vietnamese during the Vietnam War in order to protect valuable targets? With the oily black clouds of smoke produced from these smudge pots, allegedly, limiting the ability of laser guided bombs to detect a target, whereas the black clouds would diffuse the laser beam and break the laser's connection with its desired target :beer:

Late to this thread, late to the news. Been off-board for quite some time.

Extremely sad to hear this terrible news. Very shocked as well. Always liked him, despite never having met him. Far too young to leave us. My sincere condolences to his family.

I'm gutted.

Journey well mate.

RIP.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember Soongmak's last post Link

it seems he liked his westerns, the same as I did, and still do.

I watched Tin Star again last night, I had seen it before but it was on cable TV, and I recalled his last post so I thought I would watch. It still is, a good western, and was directed by one of his favourite directors.

So, I went to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051087/ and gave the movie a rating of "10" stars ... it did not have that many votes, and I thought it would be a nice tribute to elevate it's rating, who knows, a 100 votes may see it get to 9+ ... feel free to join me on this little quest, being one for our own :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

Very sad news.

From his posts he seemed like a really intelligent sensible guy. I enjoyed the conversations I've had with him but unfortunately never had the pleasure of meeting him despite planned meetings on a couple of occasions. I wish I had.

R.I.P. Soongmak.

Archived