So Close

Mekong

I nearly did a stupid one tonight

I was contemplating jumping under a train and a Spanish Wonan literaly Rugby tackled me and threw me down on the platform of the metro, shite do I owe her.

I Don't even know her name, she took me away for a cup of Coffee and a good talk and that was it, I am scaring myself

Komg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Wow! Hold on there, pal. Nothing can be that bad.

Why don't you get your ass over here and get together with some pals for a couple of good talks and nights out?

As for women and wine, agree on the first, but you've had a good run of being sober now. No point in ruining that.

Anyway, if you need to talk, you have friends here.

Sanuk!

I don't know you much, but I've had very similar experiences before.

This is what you need to know right now:

* right now is the worst you are going to feel, with every breath you take you will get better.

* don't think that life will be this way always, it's just right now that you feel like shite. You WILL get better.

* You WILL get better!!! Just try and bide this intermediate time with whatever you love, for example, go and buy the guitar you always shirked at the price of, and go sing a tune that's not associated with your old life. Learn a new tune, and sing your heart out.

* As bizarre as this might sound, people here care for you, don't let them down.

It was a close one but I'm still alive

MG7CaYpeWwI

I don't know who she was, I don't even know her name but I owe her big time, I played rugby for over 20 years and I have never been slammed like that before, she was only 1.65 and approx 55 KG but she took me down good style.

KS

I will be in BKK in 2 weeks time, I have a Biz trip to Sillypore so a weekend in BKK is on, already planned to meet up with LK and NG. The problem with Spain is I don't know anyone here to talk to

Kong

Guest lazyphil

my sister saw someone kill himself on the london underground. the guy was stood next to her and he just jumped as a fast moving train passed, nothing she could do and her nursing training was useless for him. traumatised her. good you didn't jump.

The problem with Spain is I don't know anyone here to talk to

Hearing you mate. And I know where you're coming from. FWIW the highlight of ALL my LOS trips has been the mates I've met through this board - which is why I'm trying to sort out a trip this year.. Catching up with old friends over a few beers/coffees/sodas and having a good laugh keeps us all sane.

Chin up Mekong. There are numerous lads here who can help..

Archived